AM21 Not part of protection plan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ETS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Port Ewen, NY
My AM21 has a error with one channel that it shows a 70% signal on Antenna Setup when I click Signal meter but the channel does not come it and says searching 792. DirecTV had a tech come out and he said hes contracted through DirecTV and they dont handle AM21 we would have to have a actual DirecTV tech come out.

I called DirecTV and they said we could buy a new AM21 for $50 + NY Sales Tax, but the AM21 is not apart of the Protection plan. Is that true that even though their is a issue with the AM21 we cant send this one back and get a replacement one?

A 792 error code means there is a PSIP issue, but the AM21 doesn't use PSIP information, it uses a database. Try going through the setup process again. Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with the AM21, except the boneheaded way Directv made it work.

A 792 error code means there is a PSIP issue, but the AM21 doesn't use PSIP information, it uses a database. Try going through the setup process again. Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with the AM21, except the boneheaded way Directv made it work.

yup. unless you have a HR34 which allows it to scan

My AM21 has a error with one channel that it shows a 70% signal on Antenna Setup when I click Signal meter but the channel does not come it and says searching 792. ...

A 792 error code means there is a PSIP issue, but the AM21 doesn't use PSIP information, it uses a database. ...

A PSIP error means that the provider, (your local channel affiliate), has something wrong in their data stream. It could be a primary channel as 7-0 instead of 7-1. I had this happen with my local FOX network. You need to contact your local affiliate and have the engineer verify the PSIP data that they report to Tribune Media. Tribune is who provides the guide data to DirecTV. If the PSIP data does not match, the units WILL NOT DISPLAY the channel no matter how strong the signal is.

I had to ask my Fox to correct it's 9-0 to 9-1 and had to ask my NBC to add 7-4 info to Tribune. Both did and all is well here. You can also email Tribune and ask them to investigate as well.

Yes, this is almost certainly not an AM21 fault, if you get another one it will behave the same way. It's either a guide data problem, or a PSIP problem, or both

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts