Am21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
I thought that with the AM21, we would have the ability to record 2 channels (2 satellite or 1 satellite and 1 OTA) and still watch an OTA. Tried to do just that last night without success. Two different times I was recording 2 channels (TLC and an OTA, and later a local off D* and another OTA), and when I tried to change the channel I was prompted to cancel a recording. Misunderstanding on my part?

Yes - it works EXACTLY the same as any other D* HD DVR - you can watch/record any combination of ONLY TWO OTA or SAT channels. NOT 3 or 4.
You're getting confused with the E* HD DVR's...

I had my AM21 hooked up for a while now. I get 100% signal strength on both tuners on most of my channels and just under 100% for the rest.. When I watch the channels they look great.. BUT when I watch what I have recorded they freeze up digitize and lock my HR21 up this only happens to the channels I recorded off the AM21!! Has this happen to anyone else can any one help me..

Sorry about using this post but I do not know how to start a new post..

I had some problems with the remote responding slow with the recordings from the am21 and recordings dont show up in the to do list.

After hooking mine up yesterday the remote response seemed definately slower.
Definitely takes a long time to tune to an OTA channel. Sometimes it will even lock onto a channel and then the "Searching for Signal on Antenna" pops on for a second.

I had my AM21 hooked up for a while now. I get 100% signal strength on both tuners on most of my channels and just under 100% for the rest.. When I watch the channels they look great.. BUT when I watch what I have recorded they freeze up digitize and lock my HR21 up this only happens to the channels I recorded off the AM21!! Has this happen to anyone else can any one help me..

Sorry about using this post but I do not know how to start a new post..

Dog,
If you go back to the main page of the forum you want to post in, at the top left you will see a spot that says "New Topic", click there and it will bring up the " New Post "software.
Under the "Forum Jump" button.

Jimbo

Dog,
If you go back to the main page of the forum you want to post in, at the top left you will see a spot that says "New Topic", click there and it will bring up the " New Post "software.
Under the "Forum Jump" button.

Jimbo

Thanks AGIN for all your wisdom Jimbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that with the AM21, we would have the ability to record 2 channels (2 satellite or 1 satellite and 1 OTA) and still watch an OTA. Tried to do just that last night without success. Two different times I was recording 2 channels (TLC and an OTA, and later a local off D* and another OTA), and when I tried to change the channel I was prompted to cancel a recording. Misunderstanding on my part?

the hr2x only has 2 tuners.

???

The HR20's have 2 sat tuners in it and OTA

the hr20 only has 2 tuners:)
just because it has 2 sat inputs and an ota input that is split internally does not mean that it has 4 tuners. if that were the case then you could record 4 shows all at the same time

Not to be picky, the HR20 has 4 tuners, 2 sat and 2 ota.

Due to hardware processing limitations, the software is designed to only use two of the tuners at a time.

In the original printing of the manual it indicated you could use 3 when ota was activated (it was not active when the HR20 was released for about 6 months). But when they activated it, the decision was made to keep it to 2 at a time.

Not to be picky, the HR20 has 4 tuners, 2 sat and 2 ota.

Due to hardware processing limitations, the software is designed to only use two of the tuners at a time.

In the original printing of the manual it indicated you could use 3 when ota was activated (it was not active when the HR20 was released for about 6 months). But when they activated it, the decision was made to keep it to 2 at a time.

Thank you Jason,

Does this mean that a change in the software could allow 2 sat and one OTA to be used at one time ?
Then again, they probably won't do that as they have a dis like for us having the ability to use an OTA tuner of our own, vs thier sat carried channels (even if they are NOT available)

Jimbo

IMHO, D*'s got plans for the bandwidth in the box for other features, not for an additional DBS or OTA recording. Remember they now allow for a 3rd recording stream via VoD, there's also an additional playback stream via the PC Media Share playback client. Add on the hoped for Multi Room Viewing feature and we're talking about a number of other things that need the bandwidth on the box, either backplane, processor or harddisk.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)