AM21

I decided to reconnect my AM21 to my HR44 to check out the the scanning ability. It did find my local sub-channels, however, then was reminded why I disconnected it. It has the problem of cycling the power light ~ every 15s. This interferes with the remote working correctly. I wonder if the LCC would work better?

My HR44 has received the 127f firmware and the 15s cycling has stopped. :biggrin
So the AM21 seems to be working with the exception that I have a weak signal on one channel.
I guess I'll need to get my antenna tweaked.

Reactions: Jimbo
I've worked with the AM21 for 6 years in the MSP area, and it doesn't seem to matter which way you run them. As long as you actually run the setup with any zip codes you need to attain the channels you want to attain. So just run your home zip as primary and any other zip as secondary. Then if you have more zips to run, run one as primary and the other as secondary. I'd run (home zip) as primary, then (13501) as secondary. Then the second time run (20001) as primary and (37201) as secondary. This will give you a host of channels and guides for MSP.
Thanks! I'm afraid to ask but, what does it mean to clear the AM21? Sounds unpleasant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts