am21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

littlebill

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
question? where do most get the am21, from directv or an on line retailer? regards..

one more question? i live in 49286 zip which is tecumseh michigan, that would be toledo locals, i want detroit locals. would i have to get directv locals from toledo before the am21 would download detroit locals? regards...

one more question? i live in 49286 zip which is tecumseh michigan, that would be toledo locals, i want detroit locals. would i have to get directv locals from toledo before the am21 would download detroit locals? regards...

No, that would apply to locals via satellite, but OTA can be from anywhere (if you are close enough to receive them). You can enter a secondary zip code to get locals from two areas (I haven't tried that because the Seattle DMA is so large I can't even get all the locals it has). The local stations need to be in the database which Directv uses (which comes from Tribune Media). The receivers do not scan.

The previous poster is correct, you can enter a secondary zip code. So, enter in your zip code, and then pick another one that is close enough to the Detroit zip to pick up the locals on that side (e.g. WDIV, etc.). You could enter a zip code that is Detroit if you want. I'm in Carleton 48117 (that zip considers me detroit local) and then I enter in the Toledo zip as a secondary.

The only thing you wouldn't be able to index on the AM21 is CBET channel 9 Windsor. They are still currently analog and don't have a definite time table for the digital switch (they are allocated channel 35.1 though...). The AM21 only has ATSC tuners, thus I think the Tribune feeds are smart enough to understand the limitation.

:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)