AM21N CONNECT TO DIRECT TV GENIE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GAUCHO

Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
My local NBC station has blocked DirectTV. I'm looking for a fix.

Will an AM21N work with a DT Genie (HR34-700)? If so, how to do it? Do I also need an antenna? If so, what's best.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Yes, it will work with the Genie. You will need an antenna of some sort. How big and where to install it varies by your location. Check antennaweb.org or tvfool.

If you really are in 97701, an indoor antenna should get you 11,21,51,7,15,17,39,41,45 with no problems. Hooking the Am21 up is pretty self explanatory. With an HR34 ,you just shut it off, unplug the power cord from the back of it, plug the power cord from the HR34 into the back of the AM21.Hook up antenna lead to AM21. Plug the USB and power out cords from AM21 into the HR34. When you go to the menu of the Genie you will see that under setting rather than Satellite it will say Sat & Antenna.

I added an AM21N to my Genie setup a few months ago and was thrilled with the results. I highly suggest you do it, it provides you with a permanent backup in the event other stations later have disputes with DirecTV and it gives you a backup in case of bad weather. If your zip code info is correct it looks like NBC should come in on almost anything. Find a decent indoor antenna at Wal-Mart and try it out first with the TV tuner itself. If you are happy with the results then order your AM21N. Another great benefit to using this with the Genie is the fact that all your TVs being powered by the Mini Clients will also have access to the antenna channels through the Genie. I'm fortunate enough in my area to sit right between two TV markets so I get all the locals from my DMA on directv and have added all the other DMA's channels to my guide using the AM21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)