AM21N + HR34 Question (Shared Channels w/ other Receivers - Whole Home)???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JD Hogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
SoCal
Hello. Newly registered member to this great community and recent DTV subscriber (3 weeks and counting).

I have the HR34 (living room), HR24 (Bedroom 1) and the H25 (Bedroom 2) as part of my current set-up (including "Whole Home"). I just purchased the AM21N Off-Air Dual Tuner to get ALL of my local OTA channels, including the sub-channels not currently offered through DTV.

My question is that when I connect the AM21N to the HR34 "Genie".....will those added local channels also be available on my other receivers (HR24 + H25) as well or will they ONLY be available on the HR34 receiver???

Thanks.

If you use C31 RVU clients the the OTA channels would be available since the HR34 provides the signal to all the clients.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had a feeling that was the case.

Ok, next question then.

How sluggish is the C31 (reading reports that it's slow changing channels and sluggish scrolling the guide/menus)?

Is it worth it to swap the H25 for the C31....or is that somewhat of a downgrade?

If you use C31 RVU clients the the OTA channels would be available since the HR34 provides the signal to all the clients.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Hello. Newly registered member to this great community and recent DTV subscriber (3 weeks and counting).

I have the HR34 (living room), HR24 (Bedroom 1) and the H25 (Bedroom 2) as part of my current set-up (including "Whole Home"). I just purchased the AM21N Off-Air Dual Tuner to get ALL of my local OTA channels, including the sub-channels not currently offered through DTV.

My question is that when I connect the AM21N to the HR34 "Genie".....will those added local channels also be available on my other receivers (HR24 + H25) as well or will they ONLY be available on the HR34 receiver???

Thanks.
:welcome to SatelliteGuys :)

i like client better for 2 things, you can pause rewind live tv, cant do that on h25 and dos not take swim channle but is kind of slow but so isnt the hr-34

I just got DirecTV last week and got the HR 34 with one client and have an AM21n attached to the HR 34 and everything works flawlessly. I can see my local channels and subchannels on HR 34 and on the client

I just got DirecTV last week and got the HR 34 with one client and have an AM21n attached to the HR 34 and everything works flawlessly. I can see my local channels and subchannels on HR 34 and on the client

How is channel changing on the C31? Is it super slow (1-2 second delay) as some are reporting or is it not that bad?

It's a little bit of delay but not enough that it bothers me

Thanks. So it wouldn't be a bone-headed move on my part to swap my H25 with the C31.....or is that not recommended?

Just want to make sure before pulling the trigger on the C31.

Thanks. So it wouldn't be a bone-headed move on my part to swap my H25 with the C31.....or is that not recommended?

Just want to make sure before pulling the trigger on the C31.

I've never had the H25 so I couldn't comment but we're happy with the C31. Yes, there is a slight delay that is noticeable but not bothersome. The C31 doesn't take up much space and you can mirror all of the settings from the HR34.

Would one be allowed to get a Genie and just add it to current set up? I dont have the swim system just use the "unsupported" whole home system using my own router and ethernet and it works just dandy like it is. I would probably replace an H 25 and move one the hr21 in its place and put the hr 24 there with the genie residing in the living room if it would be possible.

Would one be allowed to get a Genie and just add it to current set up? I dont have the swim system just use the "unsupported" whole home system using my own router and ethernet and it works just dandy like it is. I would probably replace an H 25 and move one the hr21 in its place and put the hr 24 there with the genie residing in the living room if it would be possible.

The HR34 (and H25 for that matter) require a swm system. They won't work with a standard lnb unless there is a swm8/16 in the setup.

The HR34 (and H25 for that matter) require a swm system. They won't work with a standard lnb unless there is a swm8/16 in the setup.

I have a SWM8 system and I'm currently using ALL 8 of my channels - (5) HR34 + (2) HR24 + (1) H25.

Is there any potential issues in using all of the SWM channels and not having one free???

nope. You're fine

If you add a C31 it wont take up any channels either....it uses the same one the HR34 does

nope. You're fine

If you add a C31 it wont take up any channels either....it uses the same one the HR34 does

Thanks. Okay one FINAL question for those who currently have the C31.....

Can you hide/show channels that appear in the C31 guide INDEPENDENTLY of the HR34 receiver or are the channels exactly "mirrored" on the C31 as they are selected (shown/hidden) on the HR34?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)