AM21N Reset

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Endless99

Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
I have been trying to add different zip codes to add different OTA channels. My AM21N seems to have old channels stuck in it and I cant seem to clear them. I have reset using the guide and I have RBR on my receiver and I have also unhooked my power to the AM21N. Any help would be great on this.

Go to menu-settings-Sat & antenna-antenna help-edit off-air channels & then uncheck the channels you want removed. That should take them off of your guide list.

I have been trying to add different zip codes to add different OTA channels. My AM21N seems to have old channels stuck in it and I cant seem to clear them. I have reset using the guide and I have RBR on my receiver and I have also unhooked my power to the AM21N. Any help would be great on this.

you need to do a double RBR....
do a RBR
Let it go through everything
when it starts downloading the guide do ANOTHER RBR

That clears any residue of old guide info

Ok I'm going to hijack this thread for a related am21 question. I'm about to bite the bullet and get an AM21 and OTA antenna from SS. I know the HR34 will not scan for all my local channels anymore, so my question is, will my HR22-100 scan for OTA channels ? I really don't see where it matters to me what room/DVR I hook it up to,since the whole house is set up for MRV. My thinking being if the 22 in the livingroom will find all the channels, I will just put am21 in there rather than in the family room with the 34. I'm assuming that the program guide on the H25s will not show the OTA channels.
I'm sure there are plenty smarter then me that will correct me.

Ok I'm going to hijack this thread for a related am21 question. I'm about to bite the bullet and get an AM21 and OTA antenna from SS. I know the HR34 will not scan for all my local channels anymore, so my question is, will my HR22-100 scan for OTA channels ? I really don't see where it matters to me what room/DVR I hook it up to,since the whole house is set up for MRV. My thinking being if the 22 in the livingroom will find all the channels, I will just put am21 in there rather than in the family room with the 34. I'm assuming that the program guide on the H25s will not show the OTA channels.
I'm sure there are plenty smarter then me that will correct me.

You will only see the AM21 channels on the 1 HR2x-receiver it is hooked to. You will only be able to access OTA shows on the other DVRs if you record the show and watch it from the "List" on another receiver. The HR34 and HR44 is the only receiver that will share the OTA guide with other rooms, and it will only make the OTA channels show with the client (C31, C41) receivers.

This is the database list for the Worcester/Boston/Manchester area, assuming that is your real location:

WGBHDT2.1
WGBHDT22.2
WBZDT4.1
WCVBDT5.1
WCVBDT25.2
WHDHDT7.1
WHDHDT27.2
WMURDT9.1
WENHDT11.1
WEKWDT211.2
WENHDT211.2
WEKWDT311.3
WENHDT311.3
WPXGDT21.1
WPXGDT221.2
WPXGDT321.3
WPXGDT421.4
WFXTDT25.1
WUNIDT27.1
WUNIDT227.2
WNEUDT34.1
WSBKDT38.1
WGBXDT44.1
WGBXDT344.3
WGBXDT444.4
WWDPDT46.1
WYDNDT48.1
WBINDT50.1
WBINDT250.2
WEKWDT52.1
WLVIDT56.1
WLVIDT256.2
WDPXDT58.1
WDPXDT258.2
WDPXDT358.3
WMFPDT62.1
WMFPDT262.2
WUTFDT66.1
WUTFDT266.2
WBPXDT68.1
WBPXDT268.2
WBPXDT368.3
WBPXDT468.4

Once I get all my new toys from Solid Signal next week (hopefully the weather holds and I can get up on the roof) I'll start playing with it and see just how many channels the HD8200U and Winegard LNA200 will pick up without a rotor. I'm hoping to be able to get both Boston & Providence locals with a little luck and precision aiming. I know it has been answered 1000 times in here how to set up the 21 with multiple zip codes and I refuse to be one of those guys that asks questions that have been answered 1000 times already.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts