am21n / whole home dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
Will a H25 be able to see the ATSC digital sub-channels in its guide so that it can schedule recordings?
I assume it will be able to watch recordings that are on the HR24, but can it schedule them?

I have an HR24 and and AM21 and it works fine as long as D* provides the channel and guide data. D* seeems kind of lax adding new channels. I know I am missing 2. WZME-2, Bridgeport, CT for RTV and WSWB-2, Williamsport, PA for MeTV. In both of these cases, the main (.1) channel works fine. Recordings that can be received can be viewed all over the house with the whole house system.

I don't think you can schedule OTA recordings from a non-dvr receiver on a dvd receiver that has an AM21.

You could put an AM21 on the H25 to tune OTA, but I don't believe you'd be able to schedule recordings even in that situation.

You can't. You have no access to the OTA directv from the H25 so you must schedule all recordings from the AM21 on the receiver with the AM21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)