Amazon Dish Promotion (Qualification Dispute)

I am going to look into the promotion and see what there is to be done about it. I see what JamieCTA is saying. The instructions at this point are not the problem. The problem is that it is not until you try and redeem the offer that you get a message that says "DISH Network agents must create the account using offer code 04AMZN or 40AMZN". I am going to check into this right now and I will post what I find.

---EDIT--- I found that the offer is on the DISH Network website. Could you PM me your phone number so that I can have a look and see what I can do for you. Its possible I can correct this but I need to see the account.

Hi. Thanks a lot for responding. I didn't get a chance to check this site again until today. I will PM you my phone number right now.

Also thanks to Tampa8 and other users' input :)

Last edited:
FYI: No, I will not apply the promotion to anyone's account just in the asking, and I have made sure that none of my counterparts here or on any other forum will do it either. Nice try though! :)

BTW, Skierrob and JamieCTA, I am running the gauntlet and I forwarded the information over to someone who can assist us. Thanks in advance and be patient. I will make it right, one way or the other.

Tony,
Yes, thanks for updating us and for assisting. I really appreciate it. :).
I wish I knew of a better way to let Dish Management know of how incredibly awesome it is to have you and your team on this forum. Hopefully Scott keeps informing them of that. All I can keep saying is how impressed I am with the help provided, the quick replies to posts and all the information your team has provided all of us. Again, kudos to your entire team for everything it does.

That's what we are here for! I am just glad my team and I can help!

I am in the same boat. I completed an amazon order for a HDTV on 1/31, registered for DISH on 2/5. Completed installation and activation on 2/12. I just completed a reward request but I am concerned they may deny me since I was unaware of the promotion code

no.. You are not in the same boat. We ordered with the promo code and knew of it before ordering.
You ordered not knowing of a promo and are now trying to score it after the fact. That is a big difference in my humble opinion.

I am in the same boat. I completed an amazon order for a HDTV on 1/31, registered for DISH on 2/5. Completed installation and activation on 2/12. I just completed a reward request but I am concerned they may deny me since I was unaware of the promotion code

no.. You are not in the same boat. We ordered with the promo code and knew of it before ordering.
You ordered not knowing of a promo and are now trying to score it after the fact. That is a big difference in my humble opinion.

:confused::confused:

No.

On the Amazon store for the specific TV that I had bought on 1/31 this is listed (still there today)

Special Offers and Product Promotions
Get a $200 Amazon.com Gift Card When You Buy This TV and Activate Dish Network Service: Simply purchase this TV and sign up for DISH Network service, and you'll receive a $200 Amazon.com Gift Card. Offer expires February 13, 2011. Restrictions apply. Learn more (redirects to the DISH Network website)

once on the DISH network website, the steps listed in the middle of the page are:

Step 1: Purchase any TV, PC, Laptop, Netbook on Amazon.com by 2/13/2011. Step 2: Activate DISH Network service* by 3/13/2011. Step 3: Go to mydishrewards.com and create a rewards account. Step 4: Search for Amazon Rewards Offer and follow the simple instructions. You will need your 17-digit Amazon Order ID (available in the Amazon.com confirmation email) and Dish Network Account Number. Submit by 4/13/2011. DISH Network will fulfill cards 6-8 weeks from service activation under DHA 24 and validation of submission

It is not made clear at all that a reference order code is needed.

When you search and find the reward offer on mydishrewards, it clearly states that the offer code is required when completing DISH service ordering.

I bought the TV from amazon, registered for DISH, activated and then completed the mydishrewards step. I was very unaware of the requirement of an offer code.

Ah ok... I apologize. Just got grumpy when I saw others say "oh yeah I signed up for dish 2 months ago... Didn't realize the promo existed when I signed up but now that I saw it on Satelliteguys I want the dish irt to give me the promo!".

:confused::confused:

No.

On the Amazon store for the specific TV that I had bought on 1/31 this is listed (still there today)

once on the DISH network website, the steps listed in the middle of the page are:

It is not made clear at all that a reference order code is needed.

When you search and find the reward offer on mydishrewards, it clearly states that the offer code is required when completing DISH service ordering.

I bought the TV from amazon, registered for DISH, activated and then completed the mydishrewards step. I was very unaware of the requirement of an offer code.

When I first looked into JamieCTA's issue I went straight to the website and really picked the fine print on the page apart. I also looked into the details of the offer and read the page top to bottom (or so I thought). The only thing I did not do was CTRL-F and find the code. I probably should have just to be thorough. Doing that now, it finds 1 match right at the top of the page (it did not find the 2nd one further down, and the 1st is well above the offer and the details). I did find, looking on the page DISH Network, that next to both "Order Now" and "Call" options on the page it says to "Reference Offer Code 04AMZN". Continuing on the line of "being thorough" I noticed that the phone number was different then what I would expect as well, so I dialed it. It seems like it may be a direct line to sales. I also decided to test the theory and started building a "dummy" account just to see if this was maybe an associated retailer promotion. It listed the "Seller" as DISHNetwork. May I make mention that it did only allow certain types of accounts to be built in order to qualify for the promotion, Flex/24and DHA/24 accounts. This means that only certain types of accounts actually qualify and they require a commitment or activation fee.

That being said, I want to be extremely clear that I have not given up on getting this handled for those of you who have told me about this (duffyswan: I am including you ;)). Honestly, when I first looked at the promotion at JamieCTA's prompting I did not see it either and I was actively looking for it. I even studied the "fine print" to see if I could see it. Apparently that was my mistake, because it was literally in bold print:eek: and I didn't see it until today. I must be blind.... Staring at two monitors for 8 hours a day and making sure I am reading everything right, and still I missed it. That is a good enough reason to pursue it in my book. I do have my peeps in places that matter helping me out with this so that we can handle it, but please allow more time as this may take a bit to correct. If I cannot fix this, no one can (and that is about the best guarantee you can get, EVER:D).

I want to make sure that ANYONE looking to sign up on ANY PROMOTION, ANYWHERE at ANYTIME make sure they CTRL-F for a promo code. LOL, that being said I'll let you know what we find.

Really appreciate the continued help on this. After you telling me about this I do see them on the main page now as well...doh! But it at least makes me feel a little better that you didn't see them either when you were actively looking as well haha. I also stare at 2 monitors all day for my job so I'll blame it on that as well ;)

I hope things work out for your guys but this make me wonder if the Sears promotion for the same thing, $200 gift card will be completed for me. I used the promo code but still...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)