Amazon Dish Promotion (Qualification Dispute)

Not a problem at all. I am still working the angles for you all (anyone guess I am not a Colorado native?), so please don't think I have forgotten. I am not sure if you guys can imagine what chasing these promos can do to a hairline, but the simple mentioning of the effect should shed light on it. :eek:

Tony, an update on my end.. the status of my reward @ mydishrewards.com finally changed status to "unqualified". I believe the reason listed was"Activation not verified"

Duffyswann... Yep.. You don't qualify... You see, the activation was not verified. Sorry!

Just playing! I have been working on this from my end and no updates from what I can see. Honestly though, I also wanted to try another route. This is when I noticed that my mail box was robbed! (auto-deletes due to space being full.... DOH!). So, in order, could I get PMs from you three (JamieCTA, skierrob, and duffyswann) with account number or phone number? Apparently the "auto cleanup" gets outgoing mail, as well. At this point I think we may have to go old skool, (interestingly enough, in the "old school" it would be spelled correctly) and manually "tinker".

My question would be what is the return policy with Amazon?

I bet there is something in the system that if there really is a $200 gift card, it will only be sent out after you can no longer return the TV to Amazon.

What would prevent a customer from buying the TV, getting the gift card and returning the TV?

Duffyswann... Yep.. You don't qualify... You see, the activation was not verified. Sorry!

Just playing! I have been working on this from my end and no updates from what I can see. Honestly though, I also wanted to try another route. This is when I noticed that my mail box was robbed! (auto-deletes due to space being full.... DOH!). So, in order, could I get PMs from you three (JamieCTA, skierrob, and duffyswann) with account number or phone number? Apparently the "auto cleanup" gets outgoing mail, as well. At this point I think we may have to go old skool, (interestingly enough, in the "old school" it would be spelled correctly) and manually "tinker".
Thanks, Tony! I have sent you my account information in a PM

yeah, thanks for the update. I was a few days late responding since I was busy and not around the computer too much but I just sent the phone #.

Why is my rebate request unqualified?

FYI: No, I will not apply the promotion to anyone's account just in the asking, and I have made sure that none of my counterparts here or on any other forum will do it either. Nice try though! :)

BTW, Skierrob and JamieCTA, I am running the gauntlet and I forwarded the information over to someone who can assist us. Thanks in advance and be patient. I will make it right, one way or the other.

I ordered my TV from Amazon on 1/27/11, and ordered Dish Network in February. They postponed the activation unitl 3/12/11. I submitted the rebate request on 3/5/11. My rebate status page says unqualified. I contact the mydishrewards.com and got this message:

"Thank you for contacting the DISH Network promotions Customer Care Team via the Contact Us page at www.myDISHrewards.com.

Unfortunately, we have not received a qualification for your submission information for the DISH Network promotion you have contacted us about. Please contact DISH Network at 800-894-9131 for any additional inquiries regarding this offer as they may have more information. "

Sincerely,

The DISH Network Offer Customer Care Team

BTW, I did not know and did not mention the code when I ordered dish network.

That makes it difficult, but if you PM me I can see what I can see, and I may be able to help you, too. Honestly though, there are specific criteria I look for in chasing these promos down.

To ANYONE considering signing up for DISH based on a promotion, I urge you to read the page and terms and conditions, and follow them to the T.

On April 4th I received this email (status went from unqualified to pending)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in the DISH Network Online Rewards program.

Our records indicate that we have received your online submission and verified your DISH activation and are now checking with the retailer to match to the information you provided online. This process may take as long as 14-21 days.

Please verify that the receipt information was entered correctly. If the receipt information was entered correctly, please verify that the product(s) purchased and submission was within the reward promotional guidelines.

For more specific information or to view your reward status, please log into your online account by going to:

http://www.mydishrewards.com/status.aspx

(If the link above does not automatically redirect you to our site, please cut and paste it into your browser.)

Once the information has been verified with the retailer, your status will change. If it has been over 30 days since you filed for this rebate online, please contact us via the Contact Us section of the website above.

Sincerely,

Your DISH Network Rewards Customer Service Team

NOTE: Please do not reply to this message as it has been automatically generated and your reply will not receive attention.
And then on April 7th:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer and participating in the DISH Network Reward Offer.

Our records indicate that your reward has been approved and your reward will be sent to you in the mail within the next 4-6 weeks for the following Reward Offer(s).

NATAMAZSB200 Receive a $200 Amazon Gift Card when you purchase any TV at Amazon.com between 01/23/11 and 02/13/11 and activate 24 month commitment for Digital Home Advantage Plan by 03/13/11. Customer must file online rebate submission by 04/13/11. - $200.00

At any time you may check the status of your reward by logging into your account at:

DISH Rebate Center

(If the link above does not automatically redirect you to our site, please cut and paste it into your browser.)

Thank you again for being a valued DISH Network customer,

Sincerely,

The DISH Network Customer Care Team

NOTE: Please do not reply to this message as this message has been automatically generated and your reply will not receive attention.
:)

Tony, I am not sure of the extent of the effort you devoted. Thank you for all of the work and support!.

duffyswann: congrats!

Mine still says: "Sales Receipt Verification Pending. Activation not verified" But pending is better than denied right? haha.

:(

I think I am putting a 'time limit' on this at this point. If nothing progresses in your situation automatically, and my involvement does not generate a solution either, I will just handle it 'manually' and we'll take care of it from this end. Sound fair?

This is pitiful. Why can't Dish cut the BS and just be straight forward and make it simple. This is as bad as the airlines and all the BS schemes on pricing. If Dish cut 50% of the crap they could probably cut a lot of cost in the process.

After you telling me about this I do see them on the main page now as well...doh! But it at least makes me feel a little better that you didn't see them either when you were actively looking as well haha.

Not sure what you are speaking about, rexlan. To me this seems as though there is two cases on this thread where the instructions were followed. On one, an agent made a mistake (skierrob), and the other one (duffyswan) went through as described. The two that did not know of the code are getting my help to correct the matter, and it takes time get things like this handled (especially with a 6-8 week turnaround on the promotion). The instructions were on the page, but even I did not see it at first (after a similar issue with a PayPal promotion I have learned to look in the "nooks and crannies"). Now I am doing something to get this corrected (because I can, unlike my own personal mishap on this type of thing) and I feel like, perhaps, your comment is unjustified.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts