Amazon Echo

I did. They acknowledged they had numerous requests for that. But didn't say whether they were working on it.

Thought I'd share today's status on a 1/11/15 order:
Arriving Tue, May 26 - Wed, Jul 1
Not yet shipped

I got mine earlier in the week and its more a novelty then anything.

While it plays stream from TuneIn neither of the radio stations I operate work properly. When I say Alexa tune to SatelliteGuys Radio it asks me if I want to create a Satellite Category in iHeart Radio.

If I try tuning to my other station Fun Tower Radio it takes me to a station called fun.

I have not found a way to setup a list of favorite channels so that it makes it easier to tune in my stations.

The voice features are fun, yet annoying. Was listening to a song the other night and my son came and and said Alexa Off and it shut off. He thinks its fun to turn off my music when I am using it.

It could be a neat thing but has a lot of work to be done to it, especially considering so many basic features are missing.

If I paid more than $99 for it I would be disappointed.

Reactions: navychop
I'm glad I didn't buy one. When they get more stuff working on it then I might change my mind.

Well, I love mine. But the question I have for Scott is whether there is a station in iHeart Radio or Tune-in, for SatelliteGuys Radio? If not, I am not surprised it can't find it.

We use Alexa all the time, works great. The sounds is excellent and its ability to control bluetooth connections is very nice.

My Echo arrived DOA today. Amazon suspects problem with AC adapter, but since they are on a 7-8 week back order (weird), they are sending complete new package. Supposed to be here Monday. Very disappointing, hope the new one is OK.

Well, I love mine. But the question I have for Scott is whether there is a station in iHeart Radio or Tune-in, for SatelliteGuys Radio? If not, I am not surprised it can't find it.

We use Alexa all the time, works great. The sounds is excellent and its ability to control bluetooth connections is very nice.

SatelliteGuys radio and Fun Tower Radio are both on Tune In Radio.

My Echo arrived DOA today. Amazon suspects problem with AC adapter, but since they are on a 7-8 week back order (weird), they are sending complete new package. Supposed to be here Monday. Very disappointing, hope the new one is OK.

Update- Replacement Echo arrived today (Amazon ended up overnighting). The problem was the Echo itself and I'm glad it was, since they only sent the Echo and nothing else. So far I'm impressed. Still testing the abilities.

So, now that folks have had it for weeks, do you find yourself using it less? More?

Does it seem as useful as when you first got it? How do you use it, over a typical day?

I'm trying to decide if I should cancel.

I am using it less as it's such a pain getting it to play the stations I want it to play.

If I could say play favourite 1 and have it play my station I would be much happier.

Besides music and weather, have you found it useful?

Yeah, great bluetooth speaker. Have listened to audio books from my iPhone with it. It has helped me discover a lot of good prime music; and I occasionally ask it questions, in the way that I'd ask Siri. Does it get used every day? No. But frequently.

Unlike Scott, I am not trying to listen to specific radio stations which it can't seem to find, and the public radio stations I want are readily available on it. I think over time it will continue to evolve.