Amazon Echo

No invite Yet. Just do not think its worth $200. I would probably jump at $99. I do not think it was a good idea to do the invite system. Unless everyone that requested one will get an invite you will have some upset Prime Members.

No invite Yet. Just do not think its worth $200. I would probably jump at $99. I do not think it was a good idea to do the invite system. Unless everyone that requested one will get an invite you will have some upset Prime Members.

I figured it was a new way to solicit Beta testers. No invite here either.

I wonder how they pick who to invite? I have not gotten one either, and while I am not upset over it, I am surprised with as much as I use amazon and as long as I have had prime.

I would not be surprised to see it lowered to $99 shortly after the full release/Holidays due to lower than expected demands. There are many people I know concerned with Amazon listening in on your private conversations in your home for Marketing reasons.

Like the kinect I think people will generally misunderstand the potential to 'listen in' - up to these companies to explain and educate just as much as it is for consumers to use some common sense and not overestimate the capabilities these devices really have.

I decided to get it, and give it as a family gift for Christmas, since it will end up in the kitchen. Arrives Saturday. Sucks that I won't get to play with it until Christmas. :)

Had my echo for about a week. It's pretty neat and fun but really not worth more than $100 in my opinion.

Sound is pretty good and the responsiveness is impressive. The customizations are nice

Had my echo for about a week. It's pretty neat and fun but really not worth more than $100 in my opinion.

Sound is pretty good and the responsiveness is impressive. The customizations are nice

Since mine is a Christmas gift, it remains un-opened in the box, but $100 seemed to be about the right price point too, assuming there aren't more features coming.

Finally got to setup Echo today. Love it. And my wife, surprisingly, thinks it is cool. Although my claim that it was a "family" gift got much laughter. I like the ability to use bluetooth with it to access iTunes music from the iPhone. This will get a lot of use I think.

Reactions: Charise and Foxbat
At dinner last night, I called Alexa to play some jazz. The Echo was in the other room, about 25 feet away. It responded immediately. Then with the music playing, I called it to pick some different music, and it did not skip a beat. The microphones on this are pretty impressive. I also used it as a bluetooth speaker for my iPhone. Worked great, and the audio quality is excellent. I hope this product "makes it" in the market.

Reactions: TheKrell
This thing needs a new wake word option
my daughter name is alexis, so it contstantly wakes up and amazon wake work is annoying everytime an amazon commercial comes on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)