Amazon Fire Stick question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unless you fork out another $10 per night at most hotels for "super high speed, or whatever, you will most likely not be able you use it.

Reactions: HipKat
Unless you fork out another $10 per night at most hotels for "super high speed, or whatever, you will most likely not be able you use it.

Depends on the hotel. Sometimes all it takes is joining a hotel’s free “loyalty” club like Hilton HHonors to get the good internet

Huh, I never knew there a choice or a way to get "better" internet at a hotel

Yep. Sometimes they will have multiple SSID’s set up in a hotel for different tiers. An example might be one called “Super 8 Guest,” which is the generic (slower) internet, then maybe one called “Wyndham Rewards Guest,” which is the “premium” internet

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you are able to play other video sources it sure sounds like the upload side that is a problem. How is the Hopper connected?

Bottom line is that this should work for my 722/with Sling Adapter. I have emailed the developer with report of this bug.

A tech from Dish actually replied to me yesterday, apologizing for taking so long. Unfortunately he can't reproduce my problem and asked me to deinstall/reinstall the Dish Anywhere app (which i haven't done yet), and install it on my phone or table to make sure my adapter is working. I emailed him that my Windows laptop shows it working, so does anybody think the phone install (which I can't do due to the age of my phone) will not work if the Windows version does?

When I stay at a hotel, I avoid using their Wi-Fi if at all possible. Security. I usually get by with the cell connection just fine.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Streaming is where my AT&T and Verizon unlimited hotspot data plans really earn their keep. They don't cost much though.

I’m not aware of any unlimited Verizon hotspot plans. Is this an old grandfathered plan? Any plan Verizon currently sells is unlimited on the device itself. Hotspot and “phone as a modem” has a data cap then throttling. There are unofficial methods to get around this, of course, but there is zero chance of outright buying a Verizon unlimited hotspot plan unless it’s Hum for RV. And even that shuts off after the vehicle is inactive, so I’m told

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)