Amazon Prime Day

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Prime Day is tomorrow and Wednesday, a lot of the bloggers that are supposedly in the know, have written that Amazon is going to have major sales on Gift Cards the next two days.

So that means a good time to same money on streaming services, for example, if a Netflix or Hulu Card is 25% off, that means a 25% savings for the actual service.

If Google Play cards are on sale, that means savings for YTTV, etc, etc.

Also, they are having sales on actual services thru Prime, MLB is $47.99, Paramount+/Starz/AMC+/Discovery+/Showtime are $0.99 for the next two months, bunch of others also.

So far, I have yet to see any streaming cards marked down ... :(
But its still early ...
Not sure if they have some sales at particular times or if the sales they do have are good from the beginning of the day to the end of the 2 day event.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
So far, I have yet to see any streaming cards marked down ... :(
But its still early ...
Not sure if they have some sales at particular times or if the sales they do have are good from the beginning of the day to the end of the 2 day event.
Hulu is a $20 credit if you buy a $100 card.

Vudu $10 off a $50 card.

I have bought two Vudu cards so far.

Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
Hulu is a $20 credit if you buy a $100 card.

Vudu $10 off a $50 card.

I have bought two Vudu cards so far.
Nothing for Netflix or AP yet ?

Fortunately I get Hulu with my Verizon plan, so I don't need that one.

I use to have family get me Netflix (still) or AP gift cards for different things, I would put them on my Amazon account with the idea that I would use them for my Amazon Sub ...
When time came to pay for AP ... they said I could Not use Gift Cards for my Sub ... never really said why, just that you could not do that ... :( not sure why.

Thats as bad as Netflix not allowing you to use your Credit Card to pay for the year ... again, Nope

Nothing for Netflix or AP yet ?

Fortunately I get Hulu with my Verizon plan, so I don't need that one.
Not yet, long way to go since Prime Day is two days.

What is AP?

Reactions: TheKrell and Jimbo
Not yet, long way to go since Prime Day is two days.
So, they may throw them up for an hour or so when ever ?

What does it mean when it has a Date next to it .. ?

On of the Netflix GC's said something like June 2015 ....
I know it wasn't discounted, but the date was puzzling ...

Ended up buying a good bit of tools to put in the shop at the new mill Im building, but nothing else. Ive seen some good deals, but nothing I am needing at the moment.

Amazon Prime membership ... which you would think might be a big deal for them to draw even more in.
They have 150 million households already, not many people left here in the states, why discount if you do not have to.

Reactions: navychop and Bobby
They have 150 million households already, not many people left here in the states, why discount if you do not have to.
Then whats the point in having the Prime days, if they don't want more people ... you NEVER have too many people.

Maybe they should rephrase thier Prime days to "Get rid of Junk "day ?

Finally had itunes (Apple now) and Netflix Gift Cards on sale this morning, both $20 off $100.

more things on sale, lot of TVs, even the new Sony X95K, but only in 65”, I need the 85”.
I looked around 9am and didn't find Netflix .... may not have been on long.

Had a free 3 month stint with Paramount +. Cancelled with one week left and got it for 99 cents per month for two months. I don't think I have yet to pay full price for it.

I looked around 9am and didn't find Netflix .... may not have been on long.
They were there when I woke up at 4am, no idea when they pulled them.

Discovered yesterday that there is no 4k or HDR (since Amazon does not do DV) on any of the recent Start Trek shows. I occasionally see a movie labled UHD, but that's it. Certainly not worth just the 99 cents a month. So be forewarned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts