Amazon Prime Video Debuts on DISH Hopper 3

It's both of them. Get real. This just a dumb add on if it only works on the main unit.
I have a suggestion. If it bothers you so much that the Amazon Prime app is only available on the Hopper 3, just don't use it at all. The app is still available on all the side devices, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast, Shield, etc. That was the only way you could get it before it became available on the Hopper 3. The fact that it is available at all via the Hopper 3 is better than nothing.

The fact that it is available at all via the Hopper 3 is better than nothing.

Not at my house. When the menu comes up, my Hisense 4K TV reports "no video". Unplugging the HDMI cabled and plugging it back in fixes that problem. But I'm the only one who would go to the trouble. I claim it's trying to go into 4K mode and as previously reported, the command is wrong or my TV is stupid and won't do it. Our other non-4K devices work just fine on 4K or non-4K TVs. Why oh why does Amazon require 4K at all? To make us all mad at them?

An interesting tidbit. All video using the Amazon Prime app is being send to my TV (Vizio P series) in 4K even if the original program is not 4K. Looking at the bandwidth being used by the "HD" programs, I can confirm that they are being fed to the H3 in HD but the H3 is upconverting it to 4K before it is fed to the TV.

An interesting tidbit. All video using the Amazon Prime app is being send to my TV (Vizio P series) in 4K even if the original program is not 4K. Looking at the bandwidth being used by the "HD" programs, I can confirm that they are being fed to the H3 in HD but the H3 is upconverting it to 4K before it is fed to the TV.

I checked this with an old classic Christmas movie "Prancer" and it was in 4K. But the picture was very grainy.

• Angry
Reactions: TheKrell

Thank you for confirming this senseless behavior. My Hisense does this (shows no video) on 4K material and they won't even attempt to fix it for the H3. I don't remember complaining about this to Dish. Got a good contact for an extremely technical ssue? I should think all Hisense 4KTVs do this, but I don't actually know that. I was going to buy a long HDMI cable and test it out with my Sharp, but the Sharp is "only" 43" and not so exciting in 4K as my 55" Hisense.

Is Amazon Prime still available on the Hopper 3? I see it in the guide at channel 301 but when I click on it I get a screen for Prime Video with a button for watch, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is Amazon Prime still available on the Hopper 3? I see it in the guide at channel 301 but when I click on it I get a screen for Prime Video with a button for watch, but nothing happens when I click on it.

I just tried mine on 301 and the app and both loaded fine

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'll give it a day and then try again. I just had Dish installed this afternoon. Netflix works, but not Amazon Prime Video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)