Amazon Prime Video Debuts on DISH Hopper 3

Of course.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Had to ask. I told my brother in law that it was up on his Hopper and he said he couldn't get.it. That's when I found out that you had to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of it. Now I've got it on my Hopper, of course, but I also have a 4K Firestick that outperforms the app on the Hopper.

Had to ask. I told my brother in law that it was up on his Hopper and he said he couldn't get.it. That's when I found out that you had to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of it. Now I've got it on my Hopper, of course, but I also have a 4K Firestick that outperforms the app on the Hopper.
Working now. I did a software update on the H3 and can now access my Amazon Prime Video.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yes, but it won't work on my new Joey's. I called Dish and they were less than helpful. I tried everything, looking at hidden or locked channels. Trying new firmware installs. Nothing works.

Does anyone have the newer Joey (the thin one) that actually gets Amazon prime displayed?

Yes, but it won't work on my new Joey's. I called Dish and they were less than helpful. I tried everything, looking at hidden or locked channels. Trying new firmware installs. Nothing works.

Does anyone have the newer Joey (the thin one) that actually gets Amazon prime displayed?
Amazon Prime is only available on the Hopper at this time. It is not available on any of the Joeys. Perhaps some time in the future it might get there. It took forever to get Netflix on the Joeys but it eventually was made available.

• Sad
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Amazon Prime is not currently available on any of the Joey receivers including the Joey3. This may be because none of the Joey receivers do HDR.
The video of an Amazon Prime 4K UHD HDR movie on a Hopper3 is excellent. I just watched “47 Meters Down: Uncaged” and the video was excellent. The HDR worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
Amazon Prime is not currently available on any of the Joey receivers including the Joey3. This may be because none of the Joey receivers do HDR.
The video of an Amazon Prime 4K UHD HDR movie on a Hopper3 is excellent. I just watched “47 Meters Down: Uncaged” and the video was excellent. The HDR worked well.

You make a good point on the HDR. Netflix on both the Hopper and Joeys is available in 4K only, no HDR. Because Amazon has HDR on the Hopper it makes sense that the Joeys without HDR capability would not be compatible.

It'll never be displayed on a Joey as the Hopper 3 is the ONLY device that supports AP

It's not HDR. Amazon insisted on Dolby Digital+ for audio out and only the Hopper 3 has that

Reactions: Bobby and dweber
Interesting, so your saying it's not HDR, but the Joey can play SD programs (not HDR) so that rules out that theory. Dolby Digital + might be a valid reason but nothing that Dish can't address with a Joey software update.

Has to be some other reason. Humm

Interesting, so your saying it's not HDR, but the Joey can play SD programs (not HDR) so that rules out that theory. Dolby Digital + might be a valid reason but nothing that Dish can't address with a Joey software update.

HDR has nothing to do with HD or SD. I don't think it is a software addressable thing with either audio or video, I believe it's a hardware issue.

:facepalm:facepalm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)