Amazon Prime

I successfully linked my H3 to the Amazon Prime feature but I cannot figure out how to change the closed captioning settings. I'd like the font size larger but when I change the settings I receive an error and nothing changes. Guess I'll have to stick with accessing Amazon Prime with my Fire Stick.

I think the answer is 'no', but I'll ask anyway. I'm still on U542 and the Hopper is being used so I can't force a DL until midnight or so. Anyway, I have a 4K Amazon Stick and I will use that in the family room setup. However, my niece and nephew use a 4K Joey in their bedroom and they aren't as tech savvy as I am. They do have the app on their Samsung smart TV, but it would be easier if they could access Prime through the Joey.

Do we have a definitive answer on whether the Amazon Prime app will show and work on a 4K Joey?

Unable to find Amazon on my H3 running U542. Have no app for it or a channel 301. Tried to run an update and still ended up with U542. Is this actually live to the general public now? Thanks
I'm general public .
The download was not available this morning but showed up midday.
So it is on a roll out schedule.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have heard that only the H3 has the necessary video capabilities to run the Amazon Prime app, so don't expect it on any other receivers at all.

All good here. Makes no sense that a Joey in the other room can't pick it up from the Hopper. That's where the wife watches who hates switching inputs. Don't see a channel assigned. Prone guide looks just like Roku, can watch anything subscribed to.

I remember when we got Netflix. It took along time before it was available on the Joeys. I hope Dish/Amazon are working on getting the app on the Joeys. I hope it is not like Youtube.

Reactions: TheKrell
I currently watch Amazon Prime through the app on my Samsung tv. Can anyone else that currently uses the app on their tv tell a difference in picture quality on 4K UHD content between their tv app and the hopper?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Looks pretty good to me, at least on 1080p media.

Got the 543 update, no Prime on channel 301, Prime app is on the app list, played a Prime selection on the Hopper 3.

Could not see any remote functions except to pause the playback.

How do you exit the Prime app with the 54.0 remote?

I have a Simolio hearing assist device connected to the H3 optical audio out. I can hear everything except the new Amazon Prime App. The Simolio requires a PCM audio setting. So I have had to shut the Dish Digital off in the Audio out settings. If I select Digital I hear nothing through the Simolio. So for me the App is not useable.

It locked up with the "Buffer Of Death" about 5 minutes into "Man in the High Castle". I have a Gigabit Internet with ~930/930Mbps, CAT8 for the LAN and CAT7b run to all the gear. The Hopper 3's have their own Subnet and CAT8 connection. No reason for any Buffering.

Finally got U543 to download and install. But, from what I’ve seen so far I will probably just continue to use my Apple TV to access Amazon. It was extremely slow in opening both times I tried it yesterday. My Apple TV opens almost instantaneously. But, I can see this being popular for those using other devices to access Prime.

Finally got U543 to download and install. But, from what I’ve seen so far I will probably just continue to use my Apple TV to access Amazon. It was extremely slow in opening both times I tried it yesterday. My Apple TV opens almost instantaneously. But, I can see this being popular for those using other devices to access Prime.
It's the same With YouTube and Netflix. I tell my customers if they have other ways to access those apps, they're better off. Especially Netflix, or NetGlitch, like I call it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts