Amazonas 1 @ 61W Ku Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
question for those not in the US or Canada cause someone told me this sat doesn't serve you well, so for those south of the Rio Grande/Bravo:

What's a strong TP to find this bird?

I think you have to have a universal lnb for this sat....couldn't scan it with my QPH-031. Coolsat 5000 told me it was out of range.

JohnPopper,

I know that you wanted responses from folks in a specific area and more relative to your area, so I hesitated to respond to your post here at first. However, I have often been very interested in this satellite myself. Not because of any channels that are listed, but just because it is one of those that I haven't been able to pull in myself. I believe that I get too much interference from 61.5°, even though it is a circular DBS signal, I cannot confirm this, but it is what I suspect to be a part of the problem.

So, I thought since others were replying, I would too.

I don't quite understand the N.A. Ku EIRP map for Amazonas as Lyngsat doesn't list any Ku band channels for this beam. I find something a little confusing here, but I still wanted to share what SatBeams shows for several of their coverage maps. I picked the maps of the C-Band, the Ku-North America Beam, the Ku-South America Beam and the Ku-European beam as well.

For the Ku-N.A. beam, I took two snap shots of the EIRP map. One showing my location in Nebraska and one showing your location. Sorry if I didn't pinpoint your loction exactly right, but I know that it is close enough for you to use it as a reference.

As I stated, I don't really have an interest in the channels on this satellite, but I am interested in the possibility of receiving a signal from this sat. So, please keep me informed if you determine anything from your location.

I don't know if any of my information will be helpful, but it is information to work with.

RADAR

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 04 16.42.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 04 16.42.gif
    120.5 KB · Views: 476
  • ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 04 16.44.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 04 16.44.gif
    141.8 KB · Views: 424
  • ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 04 16.45.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 04 16.45.gif
    130.2 KB · Views: 383
  • ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 04 16.48.gif
    ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 04 16.48.gif
    122.9 KB · Views: 459
  • ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 04 16.49.gif
    ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 04 16.49.gif
    129.1 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
I have try this sat with a 90c ku dish and a universal lnb no luck on any transponders.
I am in Maryland

A new satellite, Amazonas 2, is co-located with Amazonas 1 and is supposed to have good coverage in North America. But so far, I've seen no activity on it. Here in Northern California, I see only the data mux that qwert1515 posted.

I think you have to have a universal lnb for this sat....couldn't scan it with my QPH-031. Coolsat 5000 told me it was out of range.

I use to watch the Black Belt channel on this sat a few years ago on my cw600s before I got the QPH-031. I was using a Fortec Universal lnb then, and was pulling in about 4 or 5 watchable channels. They are all gone now, so I don't bother with it, but when I got the Coolsat, I tried to scan it, and it wouldn't scan....the dish menu requires the universal setting for it to show a signal, then when I went to blind scan it gave me the "out of range" message when I tried to scan it. I take this to mean that it requires a universal lnb for this frequency range.

well I tried to find this bird with my 7 footer but no luck, not even the data TP that qwerty posted, but at least I know I can get as low as 53W

I know people from mexico's capital, a couple in Monterrey and one more in Sinaloa that have been able to get that sat in ku but... they have been succesful only with the TPs from the pay TV systems in the Ku side of that sat. They install satellite systems and from what i understand, it's a pretty popular sat in the wooden-leg and eye-patch people from the central and southern part of México.

Altough the interesting side of that sat it's actually on the C.

Cheers

M.

well I didn't even get those Ku TPs, but im thinking I might have an easier time locating this bird with a C Band LNB, beam seems to be strong down here

C band shouldn't be a problem for you.

well I didn't even get those Ku TPs, but im thinking I might have an easier time locating this bird with a C Band LNB, beam seems to be strong down here

John.
I get 4 or 5 C band feeds on this bird and I live 1500 miles north of you ( or there abouts ), am sure you'll get very strong signal down in Mexico.
Nothing on ku though.
Good luck and enjoy portuguese.

Granadaguy.

Yup, C-Band won't be a problem, Ku on the other hand, it's pretty easy to get if you have the experience and patience, otherwise it'll be tiresome, a couple of friends in Ecatepec got tired since all they could get was the encrypted 'telefónica' transponders, and not a thing in FTA, since they heard a lot of talk about this sat in Ku they tried to get it, but to their dismay they discovered people were talking about pirating that system (as i said, pretty popular sat since last year).

It sometimes blows my mind to see how many people mask themselves as FTAers in truly non-hacking FTA forums where i participate, only to discover later they only use their disguise to gather info to install pirating systems... hence the seemingly popularity of this provider in those forums (where i usually don't help them knowing why they want to get that sat).

Cheers

M.

I hope you're not trying to imply anything about me Mik

uuh? im stating a fact: there are a LOT of people from those regions hunting down that sat to steal the signal, and that is because the footprint it's more or less good there.

As i've said it before, i've been collaborating in FTA (mostly hunting wildfeeds) in some forums, if you were to prowl on those forums you'd be saddened to see that too.

Heck there's even people still stealing analog c-band channels with their hacked VC-II, don't know if you know anyone doing that, but it's pretty common to see that when you go and help install a FTA system to people who want to get more out of their prime focus dish and C band LNBFs.

Cheers

M.

uuh? im stating a fact: there are a LOT of people from those regions hunting down that sat to steal the signal, and that is because the footprint it's more or less good there.

As i've said it before, i've been collaborating in FTA (mostly hunting wildfeeds) in some forums, if you were to prowl on those forums you'd be saddened to see that too.

Heck there's even people still stealing analog c-band channels with their hacked VC-II, don't know if you know anyone doing that, but it's pretty common to see that when you go and help install a FTA system to people who want to get more out of their prime focus dish and C band LNBFs.

Cheers

M.

I described my setup in one of my first posts here so I have nothing to hide, do I get video on G5-9 and 14? yes, so do not come at me sideways. I also asked if there was some way I could use my pink VC2 box to get the ESPN channels like I used to subscribe with via bigdish.com but learned that that's impossible now.

Im not gonna get into an argument with you, but all I'll say is that if I wanted to pirate all those channels and birds you know so much about it would be easier to pay someone to do it, or ask on some other forum where it is tolerated.

I have contributed to this forum and have found a nice home for a hobby I rediscovered, if your buddies in ecatepec or wherever wanna hack that's their problem, but I'm trying to locate sats for this 7 footer I just fixed.

John, i live in Venezuela and we have good signal here, try 12092 H sr 28880 3/4 Movistar Colombia or Telmex 12092 V 30000 2/3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)