Amazonas 1 @ 61W Ku Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I described my setup in one of my first posts here so I have nothing to hide, do I get video on G5-9 and 14? yes
Yup, the last i knew one of my neighboors was still stealing those channels too.

so do not come at me sideways.
I don't need to do that ;), if you knew me from other FTA forums you'd know i always come forward with everything when i know for a fact i'm right.

Im not gonna get into an argument with you, but all I'll say is that if I wanted to pirate all those channels and birds you know so much about it would be easier to pay someone to do it, or ask on some other forum where it is tolerated.
True, that's why i didn't tell you first hand "eeey you want to steal", you just went an got all agitated when i said that it's a fairly popular sat from the center down to the southern part of México, funny how words sometimes are understood diff. by some people, without the need for a double entendrè. And i guess anyone who likes information knows about most of the providers in their region ;), i don't know about you, but i like to be informed about most everything in the air, then again it's part of my education background.

All in all we can't deny the fact that the amazonas satellite is hunted mostly to steal signals, right? LOL i don't know why you get so agitated with my statement John, cheer up man, lighten up.

Mike

All in all we can't deny the fact that the amazonas satellite is hunted mostly to steal signals, right? LOL i don't know why you get so agitated with my statement John, cheer up man, lighten up.

Mike

and like I said in my previous post, I do not care if that sat is "hunted mostly to steal signals" by your acquaintances, this thread is about helping someone locate 61W, just like I need to locate 55.5W or 79W, which I haven't been able to so far.

Since I have a hand crank dish that is on a very narrow roof it is very difficult to go up there, take a tv, cables, receivers every time I need to find a sat so that is why im trying to find all these birds in the shortest amount of time possible, I use some nail polish to mark the inner tube of the crank for each sat, that way the next time I go up there to park it at a bird I know I only need to move the crank to the mark I made:

t8ksjq.jpg

so next time if I want a history lesson about a sat or if that sat is used by hackers or the nunavuts or if someone from some other forum you frequent asked you about it (which really has no bearing here) then I guess ill ask you but remember that is not the question I posed ;)

It's a FUN hobby to have.

Mike[/QUOTE]

I am not an expert when it comes to this hobby and will never be able to figured out how to "steal" signals as you mentioned most people try to hunt this bird for that purpose....all I'm able to get is C band and since I can understand my "old" country neighbor language I watch it once in awhile.
Took a couple of pictures ( not the best with the cell phone but will do ) just to prove a point you can get feeds from this bird all the way here in Michigan.

Enjoy the portuguese language once you get your dish all set John.

Cheers.
Granadaguy.

Attachments

• 0306002229.jpg
    0306002229.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 0306002235.jpg
    0306002235.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 234
A lot of Mexicans steal from Amazonas KU the signal has been reported up to northern Mexico state of chichuahua with 1.55 Mt antennaand I believe the souhtwest US can get it with a Monster 2.4 OFSeT

John I am sorry it is a bit late but today I found this satellite with ^ft Ku band dish and blindscan on the Coolsat. Strong and unencrypted signal on Canal Informativo 11.810 / V/ 26.667.
All the others are scrambled channels
Tony

Amazonas1 (61ºW ) Ku band has 1 or 2 fta channel/s, 90% of ku TPs are used by Telefonica Satellital and they are only available in South American/Brasil Beam.

I'm sure that you don't want to use a 8ft dish just to watch 1 or maybe 2 fta channel/s :rolleyes: :angel:

Amazonas1 (61ºW ) Ku band has 1 or 2 fta channel/s, 90% of ku TPs are used by Telefonica Satellital and they are only available in South American/Brasil Beam.

I'm sure that you don't want to use a 8ft dish just to watch 1 or maybe 2 fta channel/s :rolleyes: :angel:

no but I like knowing where the birds are, you never know what can surface all of a sudden :), plus I already found it via C Band, got a couple of Brazilian channels

In Colombia, I unplugged the telefonica receiver, which was receiving many good subscription Colombian channels from amazonas, and plugged the dish into my CW800. I then received about 21 channels, mostly from Venezuela. I got tired of seeing Chavez's face so I put it back to Colombian telefonica. They use a medium pizza pan with a linear lnb to receive the signal down there.

Hey guys!
How big should the dish be to catch that signal in ku in northern California?

I don't have line of site, but according to Satbeams a 90cm dish should be sufficient for the Amazonas 1 @ 61 Ku NA beam in your area.

61w.

In Colombia, I unplugged the telefonica receiver, which was receiving many good subscription Colombian channels from amazonas, and plugged the dish into my CW800. I then received about 21 channels, mostly from Venezuela. I got tired of seeing Chavez's face so I put it back to Colombian telefonica. They use a medium pizza pan with a linear lnb to receive the signal down there.

How was the signal strenght? where were you located then?

Why was chavez's face there? the private media doing their side of the bullying? or were those goverment channels? Don't those go in their first sattellite Venesat-1 ( Simon Bolivar)?

Um, you would rather watch the narcodramas? (rcn and caracol novelas on prostitution, hitmanship and drug trafficking)... not an any more clever choice...

I don't have line of site, but according to Satbeams a 90cm dish should be sufficient for the Amazonas 1 @ 61 Ku NA beam in your area.

thanks, mr3p!
you mean 190 cm?

According to people, it is "visible" in C band, but I don't know if the "line" is with respect to the beam (Ku-band vs C-band beam)

How was the signal strenght? where were you located then? ...

The strength was strong. I was living in Santa Marta.

Why was chavez's face there? the private media doing their side of the bullying? or were those goverment channels? Don't those go in their first sattellite Venesat-1 ( Simon Bolivar)?

Yes I recall that they were Venezuelan government channels.

Um, you would rather watch the narcodramas? (rcn and caracol novelas on prostitution, hitmanship and drug trafficking)... not an any more clever choice...

Not so much the novelas, but as for prostitution, hitmanship and drug trafficking, you got me pegged!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts