Amazonas 1 and Hispasat C moved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
According to LyngSat, Amazonas 1 is now parked at 36W. Has anyone received signals from it yet?

Also, they show Hispasat C moving west, although it's much further now than they have in their charts. According to n2yo, it's around 68W. Does anyone know where it's going?

I just did a scan of 36W with the Alien2, and the spectrum that it displays during blind scans shows lots of peaks but it doesn't recognize any transponders.

Meanwhile, Hispasat 1C is past 72W and still going, unless n2yo isn't updating the elements. I wonder if they're going to retire it.

Meanwhile, Hispasat 1C is past 72W and still going, unless n2yo isn't updating the elements. I wonder if they're going to retire it.

I think that 1C and 1D are being retired in 2016,replaced by 1F.. Maybe it is going to eastern hemipshere to cover europe area?

I seem to recall reading somewhere that around 105w is the parking lot,for the dead, dying and decrepit.

Graveyard orbit
From Wikipedia, the free encycloped
A graveyard orbit, also called a junk orbit or disposal orbit, is a supersynchronous orbit that lies significantly above synchronous orbit, where spacecraft are intentionally placed at the end of their operational life.
De-orbiting a geostationary satellite requires a delta-v of about 1,500 metres per second (4,900 ft/s), whereas re-orbiting it to a graveyard orbit only requires about 11 m/s (36 ft/s).
For satellites in geostationary orbit the graveyard orbit is a few hundred kilometers above the operational orbit. The transfer to a graveyard orbit above geostationary orbit requires the same amount of fuel that a satellite needs for approximately three months of stationkeeping.

In order to obtain a license to provide telecommunications services in the United States, the FCC requires all geostationary satellites launched after March 18, 2002, to commit to moving to a graveyard orbit at the end of their operational life.

I did several blind scans on and around 36 yesterday. Not a whisper here.

I scanned today in the most moisture-free air we've had in months (all the moisture has frozen out...) and I got quite a forest of peaks this time, with ONE identified as a transponder. 11923 V 2958, but the quality is weak and bouncing, and no channels were found.

EDIT: OOPS! That transponder is on 37.5... So I don't know if the other peaks I'm seeing are from there or from 36. I thought my alignment was better than that, I'm not having any trouble with any KNOWN transponders...

I just did a scan of 36W with the Alien2, and the spectrum that it displays during blind scans shows lots of peaks but it doesn't recognize any transponders.

Moved my dish to 36W ( USALS ) and picked up 2 TPs but not enough signal to lock onto anything.

11887 H 25321
11923 V 2957

The 11923 is from 37.5W, the 11887 I don't know about. There used to be more than 1 TP on 37.5, but 11923 was all that showed up for me yesterday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)