Openbox Amazonas on Openbox 10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

razoredge

Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
trinidad & tobago
Recently turned my SAT system on after not using for some years.
Dish was still aligned and i'm getting Canal Claro on CH25 good.
I am running an Openbox S10 and back then had an IKS link.
What files do i need to update the box now and how do i re-connect to view all the channels?

Sorry, not wanting to get into hack talk. I have been out of this a while now. Should i tune into a satellite, then i can get the Free-to-Air without updating the files on the box.
Is this correct?
I started off when we had to update the bin files on the Captiveworks and Sonicview.
I am confirming that Free-to-Air is the way here.

Welcome to the site razoredge.

babnmn is correct. What you were referring to is hacking as I am sure you well know or ToS(Theft of Service).
We do not condone nor discuss that on this site. If you want to move to real FTA and not stealing service then welcome, if not I suggest you move on.

If true FTA is what you want to pursue, then there are plenty of guys here willing to help and get you on the right track.
A start would be to go to sathint.com or lyngsat.com and look at what channels are free in the Ku band for North America.

Reactions: Magic Static
Thanks guys, i'm into true FTA.
I did some checks and there are a few i can look for.
Did check on LyngSat and will look at sathint.

I am from Trinidad and Tobago, just off Venezuela on the map. I was an installer on the Caribnet site before it was removed.
I am also an Licensed Amateur Radio operator, ex CB operator.

Setting up antennas for FTA and will start looking at birds from tonight. Going to try for Hispasat @30W and Astra @ 28E
I used to get Hispasat, but Astra will be new search for me as there are many additional birds to look at now.

Hispasat 30W5 should be strong in Trinidad & Tobago. Hispasat 30W4 might be a bit challenging.

Astra @ 28E? You might need to call Moses to open the seas so that you can point the dish below the horizon... I think the furthest east you can get would be 10 E on C-Band, and in Ku i'm not sure that there's anything east of 3 W that's covering the Americas.

I got Astra, at lease thats what some of the channels on the first transponder i received listed.
But, on Hispasat and tuned into Press TV.
Getting signals, no transponders yet but still hunting for others.

I got Astra, at lease thats what some of the channels on the first transponder i received listed.
But, on Hispasat and tuned into Press TV.
Getting signals, no transponders yet but still hunting for others.
Can you list what was on that transponder?

If you are getting a satellite with several transponders with 45000 symbol-rate, and many encrypted channels, with Hispan TV, Press TV, iFilm and EWTN in clear, that would be Telstar 12 Vantage @ 15W

As far as I know, I don't think that PressTV is on Hispasat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)