Amazon's New $49.99 Fire Tablet

microSD slot and and $50 bucks, this is gonna kill on the those over priced "KIDS" tablets with 10 year old technology.

Yep, had to pre-order one when I saw this price. Will make a good back-up or a Christmas present.

I bought an HDX 7" on sale last year just for grins. The specs on this new HD line are a lot less than the HDX. For instance the HDX is 1920x1200 and the new HD's are all 1280x800. Processors are slower too.

I bought an HDX 7" on sale last year just for grins. The specs on this new HD line are a lot less than the HDX. For instance the HDX is 1920x1200 and the new HD's are all 1280x800. Processors are slower too.
Yeah wouldn't want it for my main tablet, but as a back up or one for the kids to play with, kids don't care that it is less rez.

Not a fan of Amazon's past tablets but for $50 not much to lose. You could spend more and get a lot worse with a china tab.

Naturally my first question....can we root it? :)

Reactions: TheKrell
The kid version of this tablet comes with a protective case and a 2 year breakage warranty where they will replace it no matter what happens to it.

Didn't like the slowed down, more restricted, dumbed down kid version. Plus the constant lock-ups, because the processor and RAM are too slow. Not worth it IMO, my kids have two regular HD versions and they are tough enough. Got them cheaper used. If you get it for a 2 year old I guess it is ok, but older than -- that they hate it, can't put the apps on it like a regular one. At least with the first iteration of it, heard they were gonna make open it up more, don't know.

Here, won't get to set up till tomorrow...
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1443657595.204091.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1443657707.693405.jpg

I got mine last night, and while the resolution is not as good as the Fire HD the performance is great! This just may be the best electronics gadget you can buy for $50!

I am VERY impressed!

Reactions: gasman882001
Have you tried:
1. Shutdown and restart the Fire.
2. Log out of your WiFi and re-connect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)