Amazon's New $49.99 Fire Tablet

After reading here I went to BB yesterday to take a look. I wanted a Kindle of some sort just hadn't made up my mind which one. I looked at the $49 one and it seemed fine and since I would really use it as a book reader more than anything else, I started to get it. But then I fiddled with the Fire 8. That 8" screen, while being only an inch bigger just felt and looked right. So I paid that extra $100 for the extra inch!

I'm still considering getting a Kindle e-reader only. I like e-ink I just wish they had one a bit bigger than the 6" ones.

I got two of these on the black Friday deals and they were delivered today. I opened one here at the office to check it out. Only had it about an hour or so, but mighty impressive for what it costs. And the UI is MUCH improved over the last time I had a fire tablet. I never could consistently navigate to where I wanted to go, admittedly did not use it all that much, this is a big improvement in that respect. At least to me.

Yeah I did the same thing on Black Friday, at $35 I had to get some gifts.

Odd. I can't check my email from my iPhone right now. Stays on "Checking for mail."

I might be tempted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)