AMC 1 103.0W Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Put in the settings in USALS for the 1 meter Dish and Stab HH120 Motor for AMC 1 103.0W today and the only active channel I could find was the Pentagon Channel on 4205. Are the rest of the channels active on AMC 1, or do I need to recalibrate my Dish and Motor? (On IntelSat 97.0W I had about 170 channels).

AMC 1 is a strange bird -- it requires that you skew the LNB east about 25 additional degrees (at least that's how I do it when I check up on the 4:2:2 feeds). When properly skewed, I went from getting just Pentagon to getting a number of feeds as well as the Safeway channels.

A few weeks ago I replaced the generic linear lnb on my 36" dish with a QPH-031 and found I was able to get more channels on 103w than before, including the Safeway ones.

Strange. Nothing else in the setup had changed. Guess that speaks volumes to the quality of the Invacom. :)

I used an Invacom on my motorized and couldn't get anything else other than Pentagon.

As Disco said, the skew is wacky. I have to skew mine 20-25 opposite of normal. I have a LNB on my T90 Toroidal dish and I get Pentagon, Safeway and a bunch of feeds

Amc 1 103.0w

AMC 1 is a strange bird -- it requires that you skew the LNB east about 25 additional degrees (at least that's how I do it when I check up on the 4:2:2 feeds). When properly skewed, I went from getting just Pentagon to getting a number of feeds as well as the Safeway channels.

Can I ask what do you mean by skew? I have the Invacom LNB, so are you saying I go up on the roof and move it just for AMC 1? But then would I have to move it back to zero for the rest of the Sats in the arc such as IntelSat 5 97.0W??

On a fixed dish, you need to skew the LNB for optimum signal. But a motorized the motor does the skewing. the problem, is AMC1 is that goofy skew so if you want to pick up everything possible on AMC1 the best thing to do is get a fixed dish for AMC1

Last time I talked to Mike Kohl, he had a few very low cost offset Ku feedhorns with polarizers available, if you happen to use a receiver that has polarizer control. I got one from him, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Thanks for the info demOnlord. Don't think the Viewsat Receiver has a polarizar control. What type of receiver do I need, and where do you get info on Mike Kohl items for sale?

There's not that much as it is on AMC 1 is there? Just the 4:2:2 feeds (NBC) and Pentagon right?

I think the AP Radio Network is on there as well but obviously some unknown form of encryption is used on this service. Don't even know the frequencies.

There's not that much as it is on AMC 1 is there? Just the 4:2:2 feeds (NBC) and Pentagon right?

I think the AP Radio Network is on there as well but obviously some unknown form of encryption is used on this service. Don't even know the frequencies.

Safeway TV Network and a few NBC feeds in 4:2:0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)