AMC 15ku Echo Test Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.
C

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Can anyone confirm if the Echostar Test card on AMC-15ku is a fairly weak signal on a small 3ft ku dish? I get constant break-up on the test card, but some other programming seems solid. Thanks.
12123 H 1000 SR

Babadem

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2007
MA
Can anyone confirm if the Echostar Test card on AMC-15ku is a fairly weak signal on a small 3ft ku dish? I get constant break-up on the test card, but some other programming seems solid. Thanks.
12123 H 1000 SR

On my 1.2m dish, i get 60% quality, yet it takes a while to lock on my receivers. Yes, I would say it is harder to lock with a 3ft dish.

KE4EST

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I can't even lock it most of the times on my 90cm dish. I can sometimes then sometimes not a hint of it.

wallyhts

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Seems that they took it off lyngsat. I could swear it was listed before.

S

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
on my 1.2 meter and geosatpro micro hd I hit the card at 71 pct. Back when i used a primestar dish I generally hit it well so I would think you shouldnt have too much a problem, depends on your receiver too, I was getting it with a pansat and primestar before.

S

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
Also most of the feeds I scan in on that satellite are around the same quality, so if you want to get some feeds on there you need to be hitting that frequency well as I also noticed before it is a wide frequency meaning I have actually been at positions before where i got Amc 1 and that bird and test card at the same time, so it may cover a full degree if you know what I mean.

wallyhts

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Well I was going to run outside real quick before I hit the sack before a big david vs goliath Tuesday and try to hit it on a 76cm but the AI does not have that TP.

Will have to try with the SH-100HD Tuesday. (Oh well it is Tuesday now so afternoon)

S

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
Good luck, that is a nice sat to hit though because even though there are not a ton of news feeds on there i find quite a bit of sports.

eurosport

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
skyscanner4ever said:
Good luck, that is a nice sat to hit though because even though there are not a ton of news feeds on there i find quite a bit of sports.

True. This time of year I always have one of my 1.0m Primestars pointed at this bird for sports feeds. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.