AMC-18 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kraftwerk76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
--Hi, all. I looked at my satellite list on my Motorola 922, and it has no AMC-18 listed. How will the receiver "add" that satellite to its memory so it can map the channels? I know that G1 channel 3 is the channel guide, but I don't think that has anything to do with actually adding new satellites to the memory. Seems like when I bought my receiver and started activating it, I was told to go to G1 channel 13, which actually downloaded channels, but I can't remember now. So, what should I do to make sure my 922 will have AMC-18 in it and be able to view DCII signals? I have already parked the dish at 105° and gave it some satellite name, but of course, it ONLY had the 24 channels and no DCII channels at all, so apparently, THAT'S not how it's done, haha. Thanks for your help.

When Motorola adds the satellite tile for AMC-18 your 4dtv will update auto if you have it set to go to G1 every night, all you will have to do is go in the menu and save it to the 105 deg location, since they have till June 1st to do this I would not see Motorola having it as a priority, I am sure you will see many posts about it once it has been mapped.

Who knows maybe Motorola will even use the sky mail to alert customers when it happens, haha I guess the beer is getting to me :)

--Oh, ok. Thanks for the info. So, it will update on the channel guide channel 3? For some reason, I was thinking it was 13. Can't wait to see what actually happens to X4, though.

Who knows maybe Motorola will even use the sky mail to alert customers when it happens, haha I guess the beer is getting to me :)

Ha Ha Ha :) they abandoned that years ago. I only saw a message in mine when I bought my receiver. Back in the day VC II was pretty active. But never seen it with the 4D.

Ya it's been years, they did use it a few times, then it just stopped, I'm shocked we don't get spam on it haha, I guess the home market is to small, I think Motorola wants 3 cents a board or something like that?

Each of the 2 new 922 receivers I purchased had mailbox messages after being authorized. Something about a new look to some 4DTV forum.

I think the last time my old 905 had a mailbox message was in 2004.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts