AMC 21 125.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went to ftalist.com and when i click on AMC 21 125.0 it lists it at 103.0
are the PBS station there or is this a misprint?

there's one PBS station on 103W c-band that I know, it's likely a mistake

I am not too certain of my memory at this time, but I believe the PBS channels currently on AMC 21 @ 125.0°W were originally on another satellite and quite possibly on 103.0°W. So, it could simply have been a case of outdated information or just an error. When I look at their list now, it shows the PBS channels as all being on AMC 21 @ 125.0°W.

RADAR

The feeds on 125W use to be on 87W for a long time. They moved over a year ago. I still have the PDF's for items such as when they were moved, mirrored, and even how to move your 12 meter dish to 125W :)

PBS analog use to be on a different sat......somewhere between 91 & 97 I forget. Then they moved PBS analog to 103W TP16 which IMO as a hobbyist was stupid as Shepherds Chapel is right next door on TP16 so the smaller dishes have issues getting PBS

PBS is still in DVB per thelist. One HD feed and one SD feed.

For fun I attached a timeline that PBS had posted

Attachments

• Timeline AMC-21-- HD2008-07-08.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 635
PBS analog use to be on a different sat......somewhere between 91 & 97 I forget. Then they moved PBS analog to 103W TP16 which IMO as a hobbyist was stupid as Shepherds Chapel is right next door on TP16 so the smaller dishes have issues getting PBS

PBS analog since it moved has been weaker even on my 12 foot dish and shows some sparklies. :(

PBS analog since it moved has been weaker even on my 12 foot dish and shows some sparklies. :(

Sparklies on that monster 12 foot dish you have!? Wow! I would have thought with a 12 footer that you'd NEVER see sparklies.

I haven't gone looking for PBS in analog for a while - I've been hooked on the AMC21 Ku digital signals.

Sparklies on that monster 12 foot dish you have!? Wow! I would have thought with a 12 footer that you'd NEVER see sparklies.

I haven't gone looking for PBS in analog for a while - I've been hooked on the AMC21 Ku digital signals.

Yes 12 footers can get sparklies too. The difference is it may be a few on the 12 foot when a smaller dish will be in a snowstorm of sparklies.

Attachments

• PBSspk.jpg
    PBSspk.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 128
so was I

Lyngsat on 1/1/06 showed PBS-X on 93W TP8 C-Band analog
going back to 6/22/03 they were on T4 TP18 (before that sat blew up)..89W

Last edited:
Never watched it really then so I really didn't follow it closely. I remember back in the day there were 4 PBS feeds in Videocipher on the old W-4, thats when I watched PBS allot. Still hardly watch it today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts