AMC 21 and SonicVoom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
I am using the Cyberhome SonicVoom for PBS on AMC 21. I'm only getting one PBS channel with sound the rest are silent the one with sound is 12104 4340 V. I'm guessing thats the one PBS not using AC3 audio. I used to get most of the PBS channels before but now just the one, if anyone else is using SonicVoom are you getting sound on more than just the one channel.
Viewsat extreme factory firmware.

I am using the Cyberhome SonicVoom for PBS on AMC 21. I'm only getting one PBS channel with sound the rest are silent the one with sound is 12104 4340 V. I'm guessing thats the one PBS not using AC3 audio. I used to get most of the PBS channels before but now just the one, if anyone else is using SonicVoom are you getting sound on more than just the one channel.
Viewsat extreme factory firmware.

I am using a Sonic Voom and getting audio on all (I think) of the PBS channels on 125. Are you using the coaxial or digital output on your receiver? Not familiar with the Viewsat but is there any audio setting in the menus where you enable the AC3?

Using optical, I did notice when I hit the audio button it dosen't show what audio format is being used. I believe it used to say Dolby arsomething like that, now nothing.

Barney, This is a long shot as I have a Fortec receiver and I'm not familiar with your receiver. In mine there is an audio setting that says SPDIF...my factory setting is off and needed to be switched to ON. Also with the setting incorrect my channel info showed the VPID correct and the PCR, but the APID was 8191. Soon as I changed the SPDIF to ON,the display showed the correct APID for the particular channel. Also the remote on my TV controls the volume on the Sonic Voom, my receiver remote doesn't. Last thing the two little buttons for the volume on the Sonic Voom....push the left one about ten times or so to increase the volume to the max on the Sonic Voom. The Sonic doesn't store the volume settings each time you turn it off and on. Hopefully something I've said helps? Blind

I'd hate to post another "Working Here" post, but it's funny. Last night for grinz and giggles, I was playing around with my CS5K, and landed on 125, and had to dig out the earphones. I watched This Old House on Create, and skipped past "V-Me" since I don't speak Spanish. Yeah, the Sonicvoom was working great as of 10:00 PM Monday Night, Arizona Time.

Photto

Thats what I get for playing around, I had the LNB type set on universal so when I switched it back to standard, bingo got sound. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Theres an old saying that says "If it aint broke dont fix it"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts