AMC 21 Montana PBS gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohninSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
San Diego
Just tried to tune in Montana PBS on AMC 21 and find nothing. The other PBS channels are there, PBS World, Create, etc. Tried doing a blind scan - found everything else but not that one. Anyone else having this problem?

thanks,
John

Working fine here in Texas though the audio is out of sync with the video by at least 1 second. Somewhat annoying but still watchable. :)

Just tried to tune in Montana PBS on AMC 21 and find nothing. The other PBS channels are there, PBS World, Create, etc. Tried doing a blind scan - found everything else but not that one. Anyone else having this problem?

thanks,
John

Working here too. However, a dumb question here.... is it possible that you're trying to tune the channel that has the channel name of "Montanna PBS", but is really some public service / legislature channel that isn't on all the time (it didn't seem to be on right now when I looked).
Ie the REAL Montanna PBS isn't called that, but usually comes up as "CH 2" .
Probably not your problem, but it's caused ME confusion more than once.

Just checked again and it's coming in fine this morning. I haven't changed anything on this end. One of those mysteries of the universe I guess.

80% Q here south of Winterpeg using the 33" dish, raining, snowing, windy here for the last 12 hours. Nice day to stay indoors and read through SatelliteGuys forum!
-C.

On further investigation it seems fine but the Q is reading 0 as opposed to its usual 30 or so and the S is a little low too, reading about 58. Other channels on the same satellite read about 30 for Q, 65-67 for S. I just watched for a few minutes but didn't see any dropouts or pixelization. This is with a Sonicview 8000HD, a WSI 9036 Dish, and a WSI DMX521 LNBF (soon to be replaced by an Invacom QPH031). Maybe the dish needs a little more tweaking - I'll check it when I replace the LNBF. Right now I'm headed for the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway - 5 feet of new snow up top, the sun's out and my skis haven't been out of the bag for 10 months.

bj, that "TV Montana" thing is on G17 c-band now, H side. Found it tonite, looks like legislature.
Thanks. When I saw that it wasn't there, I just assumed that the legislature was out of session again. When on AMC21, the station was named 'Montanna PBS", so I wonder if this is slightly different, or maybe the PBS part just came from the PBS station doing the uplink for them.
I never really watched the channel, I just passed it by occasionally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)