AMC 3 @ 87 degrees and mpeg 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldfoggie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
canada
anyone getting these mpeg 4 channels that are listed as free on AMC3 and what are you using

If you're referring to 3800H and 4080H RTV you require a receiver capable of understanding DVB-S2.
And of course a C-band LNB with appropriate size dish.
I personally use a 7.5' dish with an azbox elite.

I'm using a DMX241 LNBF connected to an Openbox S9, with a Gbox in between, which supply''s 36vdc to a VonWeisse actuator which moves the 10 ft USS steel BUD from place, to place, to placeeeeeeee

The RTV stuff is real iffy for me even on my 8 footer. Sunday I couldn't get them to lock at all. Yesterday all of them were there.
Using the Sathawk receiver with a Geosat C/KU Lnb.....blind

MPEG-4 channels

Will the CS8100 do MPEG-4 channels ? In the Manuals section under CS8000, it list it as MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 Compliant. Can this be verified by someone ? Thanks

I have a CS8000HD which is the prior version of the CS8100HD and Yes it does HD/MPEG4/Dvb-S2 and AC3 Audio Decode

Maybe someone running the Clark can help you on that. Mines are 6 footer fixed to other sats. But I do remember reading somewhere here that they are there FTA so if your dish is big enough with your CS8100HD you should be able to get them w/out any problem. Good Luck!

yes it does, FTV HD is one example I remember. Even the SonicView 8000HD displayed that FTV HD MPEG4 DVB-S signal. In this case RTV Mux like the Uruguayan Mux at Hispasat the CS8000/8100 does a great job , signals that the sonicview is unable to lock because they are DVB-S2.

yes the 8100 will get them. I use to have a 8000 and it worked on those. The 8100 just adds a PVR option to it

Many thanks, I'll give it a try. Happy Holidays to all, and may the blizzards and snow be lite on you this winter. Watching the weather for other parts of the country on the news, we here in Arkansas don't have a thing to complain about.

I receive both MUX's of the RTV channels on AMC3 with a signal strength between 70-75% using an 8' WS International dish and an Openbox S9 HD PVR receiver. I recommend both products very highly.

Now since it has been snowing and it's colder in western PA these channels are being received better than ever.

Hmmm...I'm using a 10 ft. mesh/w CalifAmp lnbf, CS8100. I get DVB-S channels good across the arc, including AMC-3@87W. However, I don't get the DVB-S2 channels on AMC-3@87W. I've tried other DVB-S2 channels on other birds both Horz. and Vert. polarities and the only one that I can pick up is SES-1@ 101W, 3722V. Whats your ideas on this?

I've got a Pansat 9200 which gets them with the latest card (DVB-S2). But the 9200 is still pricey. You might find an old one cheap, but it will probably have the old N2 card. The card is $139 by itself.

Well, I found what my problem was, "Pilot" error. I turned the pilot On in the tp setup menu of the CS8100 and all is well. I don't know what pilot is, but turning it on works. What does that actually do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)