AMC 3 PBS Atlantic Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwwbrennan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Canada
I continue to receive strong signals from AMC 3 (11716 and others) but for a month there has been no signal from the PBS transponders. I see by the posts there were problems about the same time I lost it altogether. Is anyone else in the region having similar issues? Has the footprint has changed?

Yes, I have problems too. Lately, the last few months AMC 3 has been fading, at least in my part of the world. Some days I get the PBS mux others it doesn't quite reach threshold. It is supposed to be moving to 125 degrees soon. I've lately been watching PBS on Galaxy 28 c band, if you can do digicipher, its on the Nebraska mux

I have been watching pbsngis.org for AMC-21 availability and will continue. In the meantime I do not have a c dish but may consider one if AMC-21 doesn't make it over the trees.

Thanks. That is helpful.

I'm not sure if I could really call it a tweak, but in Halifax, after turning my T90 a half inch and raising the elevation about the same, 12140/12180 on AMC3 are now up from 0% to 65% and watchable. Everything else status quo.

It's amazing anything was coming in after doing that, but it's working.

No problems here in the Boilermaker State. I am getting a strong signal on PBS HD and all of the other PBS feeds. I have had some problems with some of the posted NASCAR feeds the last few weeks, other than that, all is well.

Here I can receive the H signals from PBS, but Montana PBS hardly watchable; not been able yet to get the V ones, maybe it is because of the leaves blocking my view (see pic).

Helios

Attachments

• p9050383.jpg
    p9050383.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 179
PBS is back for me - no changes in position or angle. HD1, HD2 and Montana are good; all the 12180s come and go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.