AMC-4 can I pick this up from Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ianleafan

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I'm new here. I'm trying to find out if if this satellite can be picked up with a fta box. (will sonicview360 work)
Another question is if it will work, what bin files would be necessary.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Amc-4

Absolutely you can get AMC4.

No bin files are necessary for true FTA. The only use for them is for illegal activities not condoned or discussed anywhere near this site.

Thank u for the quick response:)
One quick question, can I pick up this AMC-4 up with a regular dish/lnb
Niagara Falls, Canada

That name BVN sounds familiar, I'm pretty sure it's coming loud and clear here in Montreal on a 1.1 meter Patriot.

What's a starchoice60e (how big)

And also works fine on my Star Choice 60e with the LNB 8 degrees off-centre.

Thanks,everyone so much for responses. So greatly appreciated.
Everyone seems to be picking this AMC-4 on 30 inch dish or bigger.
I was just wandering what this last dish size is (starchoice60e)

60e dishes are 32x20 I think...they're the oblong ones

32 x 18 to be precise (yes, I did just go measure one outside in the dark, good thing I have one near the ground and didn't have to get a ladder out).

They are the standard Star Choice subscription dish, which can be used for linear FTA satellites, but only for satellites that have a good footprint. AMC4 is very strong in the southern Ontario region, see the map:
AMC 4 at 101.0°W - LyngSat Maps

any receiver for amc4?(with starchoice60e dish)

And also works fine on my Star Choice 60e with the LNB 8 degrees off-centre.

I found this same dish above (starchoice 60e)
Played for hours today. I know there is no obstructions ., But i could'nt find a transponder.
First I tried my coolsat7000, then I tried my old fortec (pansat clone)
Just nothing.
Any help is appreciated.
My coolsat downloaded transponder data for amc4, but no luck finding the bird.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

I found this same dish above (starchoice 60e)
Played for hours today. I know there is no obstructions ., But i could'nt find a transponder.
First I tried my coolsat7000, then I tried my old fortec (pansat clone)
Just nothing.
Any help is appreciated.
My coolsat downloaded transponder data for amc4, but no luck finding the bird.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

First off, need a bit of information. Is the LNB the dual satellite, quad output LNB? If so, then you need to turn on the 22khz tone in your LNB setup to use the centre LNB (and it is a standard LNB set to 10750 LO).

Secondly, skew is important. The skew for me for AMC4 is 20.1, with the Star Choice dish you add 90 to that, so I would then set the dish to 110.1 skew.

Aiming. If there is a subscription Star Choice dish anywhere around you, that is close to the direction (only off by 10 degrees) you want to aim. Use a strong frequency (such as 11822 H 5700, or even the frequency with BVN on it, 12120 V 30000) to aim, pan the dish in small increments, and pause for a second or two. You may also want to do a blind (or smart) scan every now and then to see if you are on another satellite (then check SatelliteGuys.US - TheList to find out what satellite you have found) and then adjust accordingly.

Good luck!

thank u so much for the imfo. I will try the settings above if it does'nt rain out today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)