Amc 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
I have been spending the past few days watching the "People's Network" or now called the "New Abilities Channel" on AMC 4. The variety of cool programs is astonishing. There has been a series on Russia during WWII and it has been great. I have not seen such great historical commentaries in a long time. This morning I turned on the TV and "Topper" was on. :) It has been decades since I last saw Topper and what a surprise it was to see it again. The People's Network channel is reason enough for going to FTA.

I am using a Fortec Ultra and cannot say enough good things about it! I subscribe to Dishnetwork but still spend more time watching FTA programming. I would go the C-band route but my HMA would not like a big dish in the backyard, not to mention my wife as well.

MrMylesG said:
I would go the C-band route but my HMA would not like a big dish in the backyard, not to mention my wife as well.

Same here....need to move. Have a C-Band in the garage but the HOA won't allow it :(

MrMylesG said:
I have been spending the past few days watching the "People's Network" or now called the "New Abilities Channel" on AMC 4. The variety of cool programs is astonishing. There has been a series on Russia during WWII and it has been great. I have not seen such great historical commentaries in a long time. This morning I turned on the TV and "Topper" was on. :) It has been decades since I last saw Topper and what a surprise it was to see it again. The People's Network channel is reason enough for going to FTA.

I am using a Fortec Ultra and cannot say enough good things about it! I subscribe to Dishnetwork but still spend more time watching FTA programming. I would go the C-band route but my HMA would not like a big dish in the backyard, not to mention my wife as well.

The HMA won't let your wife out in the back yard?? :D

How about a Mobile stand for the dish Iceberg? You can pull it out when the sun goes down or when the complainers go to sleep?

Iceberg said:
Same here....need to move. Have a C-Band in the garage but the HOA won't allow it :(

My favorite also,I watched the Russia series. Since I grew up doing WW2,I am a WW2 junkie,and have watched everything i could for years,but the Peoples Net have series that I have never seen. I really enjoyed the TV series Dangerous Assigment With Brian Donlevy on last week. While there if you switch the audio to left channel you will get yesterday usa,24 hours a day old time radio,green hornet,Jack Armstrong,gun smoke,boston blackie,ect. I record them and listen to them later. I still have reception problems from time to time and it drives me crazy.

Iceberg, put it up anyway and if they bug you, say "you told me I could'nt put one up so my buddy did it for me" lol!!!

tdti1 said:
Iceberg, put it up anyway and if they bug you, say "you told me I could'nt put one up so my buddy did it for me" lol!!!

All my other dishes are under the FCC limit, so I'm safe there. The problem is I can't clear my roof from where I would need to put it (I tried it once). Only spot I can put it is in the yard (can't do that) or wait until I move (which is soon I hope) :)

Have to agree with you guys about peoples network. love the old movies and documentaries. G-10 also carries some good old shows, Roy Rogers is usually on one of the channels around lunch time here. Reliving my childhood. Mr.miles i got rid of my dishnetwork after discovering fta. and Still love it!!

Russian FTA Programming

I originally started getting into FTA when I found numerous Russian channels available. IA5 had Ajara channel but that was really Georgian, not officially Russian and it is gone now. Tarbs on G10R was supposed to be a good source of Russian stuff but they went belly up, I think. Then I tried to find stuff on Telstar 11, but that dried up. My wife is Ukrainian so I suppose the only thing I can do now is pay dishnetwork $50 a month for Russian ala carte channels, unless someone here knows something I don't.

<Sigh> :(

Have you looked for any radio stuff? OK it is not TV BUT might be a stop gap?

MrMylesG said:
I originally started getting into FTA when I found numerous Russian channels available. IA5 had Ajara channel but that was really Georgian, not officially Russian and it is gone now. Tarbs on G10R was supposed to be a good source of Russian stuff but they went belly up, I think. Then I tried to find stuff on Telstar 11, but that dried up. My wife is Ukrainian so I suppose the only thing I can do now is pay dishnetwork $50 a month for Russian ala carte channels, unless someone here knows something I don't.

<Sigh> :(

If I read LyngSat correctly, there aren't any Russian radio channels available FTA in the US. Plenty in Europe. :) How about short wave?

Russian Programming

www.russianmediagroup.com has some good Russian programming and has four TV channels and three Russian music channels. They are running a special now for $22.95 a month for the package for the first three months, then $39.95 a month. To get four channels on dish network would cost $60 a month, and does not have any music channels.

You have to use their receiver to get the programming though. They use a Motorola DR410DS receiver because of the encryption.

Just thought I would pass it along.

MrM

Myles,

Do you have any idea what satellite and band they are using? I mean the RTN promotion...

Oh, yeah and how much is the receiver?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)