AMC 6 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Burns

Original poster
May 22, 2010
Sparta, TN
Hello all. I am having a slight issue when trying to get to something on the AMC 6 (72w).

I am running a captive works 800s reciever.

I am not able to get the video feed from 12143 V 2573. It should be the Gospel Brodcasting Network (the only thing i want). I have got it a few times but now it seems to just be audio only. I get 80 Quailty and 60 Strength.

I can get the NBC channels on 12052 V 6890 with no problem.

What should I be looking for?

Thanks
Burns

Last edited:
uh oh. This seems to be a known issue with some receivers where you get video and no audio or audio and no video. I know my GeosatPro has that issue too

its something that they are doing at the uplink that is screwing it up

you might be able to manually enter the PIDS instead of scanning it in but I dont know if that will fix the issue

video pid 33
audio pid 34
PCR pid 8190

Thanks so much Iceberg. I was leaning that way but was not sure.

This has been my first FTA install and im kinda liking it so I may have more in my future.

What is a good brand for a reciever that will not do that? I may swap it out and buy this one for myself. I am doing this for the Church that I am the Youth Minister at. I do have it lined up to put one in our jail pening if i can get it all working right. So i would like something more reliable.

I know my Coolsat 5000 doesnt have that issue
a 4000/5000/6000 all work fine

Pansats work good too but they have a different issue. When the signal is very strong (as GBN is) it sometimes "blacks out" and says "no signal" when there is still one. You have to do channel up/down then

I'd get a CS5000 or sister model....but lemme make sure first that it shows ;)

The only way I can reliably watch that channel on my CW800S is to press the record button and watch the playback as it records to my thumbdrive. Recordings play back well, but not live, like the OP said.

The only way I can reliably watch that channel on my CW800S is to press the record button and watch the playback as it records to my thumbdrive. Recordings play back well, but not live, like the OP said.

Ah someone with a CW800s.....:)

When you record do you just use the remote and use the record button or do you do it another way. Mine does not want to record when i press the button.

Ah someone with a CW800s.....:)

When you record do you just use the remote and use the record button or do you do it another way. Mine does not want to record when i press the button.
I use the record button for manual or OTR (each press adds 30 minutes)as well as setting the timer via green button while in the EPG.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)