AMC 7 C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
What do I need to do to get the NASA channels off AMC 7 C?

I have the C-band dish with a 922 operating.

Can I use any of this or does it require different equipment?

You'll need a DVB receiver, but your existing dish and LNB should work fine. One of the channels is HD so you'll need that capability in your DVB receiver if you want to view that one.

What do I need to do to get the NASA channels off AMC 7 C?

I have the C-band dish with a 922 operating.

Can I use any of this or does it require different equipment?

I think NASA has moved entirely on to AMC-3/C..Someone can correct me if I'm wrong,but there is nothing uplinked from NASA on that bird..

You'll need a DVB receiver, but your existing dish and LNB should work fine. One of the channels is HD so you'll need that capability in your DVB receiver if you want to view that one.

If there is still NASA on AMC 7.....

I have an old Viewsat receiver.
I can just hook the C-band LNB to the Viewsat and it will work?

What is the "baseband" output on the 922? Can that be used to hook up to the Viewsat?

Otherwise I will have to split the signal coming in from the LNB and run one output to the 922 and one output to the Viewsat?

What about polarity control?

I think NASA has moved entirely on to AMC-3/C..Someone can correct me if I'm wrong,but there is nothing uplinked from NASA on that bird..

bummer. So it looks like the only thing left on 137 is the Alaska stuff (360North and the billboard channel)

Oops, I didn't notice you said AMC 7, sorry about that.

If you can get LOS you should be able to use your Viewsat but not sure exactly how you would hook it up with your system.

I don't know exactly what the baseband output is for but you wouldn't use that for a slaving setup.

If there is still NASA on AMC 7.....

I have an old Viewsat receiver.
I can just hook the C-band LNB to the Viewsat and it will work?

What is the "baseband" output on the 922? Can that be used to hook up to the Viewsat?

Otherwise I will have to split the signal coming in from the LNB and run one output to the 922 and one output to the Viewsat?

What about polarity control?

you will have to slave the viewsat off the 922. use a dc block splitter and use the 922 to control polarity. if you need more info... search the forums as there are tons of posts on how to do this.

crackt out,.

heres how mine is setup off of the 922.

Attachments

• leslie and kids 098.jpg
    leslie and kids 098.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 130
I have mine stup so the dc pass goes to the 922 it controls the power to the lnb and the polarity. the dc block side then goes to the diseqc switch then to the sathawk pvr 800.

Status
Please reply by conversation.