amc 9 83 w classic tv here

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If your loosing picture at 80 then that's your threshold. While seeing high numbers seem to fool you that it's so great a real meter reads lower. My threshold is around 15 on my Pansat So a 30+ stable will work okay. To get my pansat to 99 on RTN I would need a 20 foot dish I bet.

Funny thing I get allot of 90's + Quality on C band with the 12 foot and the Pansat's tight meter.

The channels on 30W are non English based but there are times that they run English language movies and they broadcast them with the original sountrack and spanish subtitles. Not all are this way, and it is a hit and miss affair, but it adds another potential lineup to the free programming already available to our community.

Kieth wrote:
Too bad I didn't have two receivers to see if when one peaked the other was at the low end.
Probably wouldnt be a vaild comparison with digital delay characteristic of the broadcast/receive mode, unless they were identical STBs

Iceberg wrote:
might have to try the 6 footer later with the KU LNB :)

Give 'em hell Capt'n. I bet you swat mosquitoes with a cast iron skillet. :D

Dee and I will box up some of our Texas bred bloodsuckers (one's with the long horns) and send them to you so it will be a fair fight....lol
Anyone care to Photoshop up that mental image and post it?

I'd like to see a picture of that 100/100. What size dish do you have 15 foot? I think the meter is extremely loose.

Well the sky cleared up a little. And really, it is sooooo touchy. Even fluffy white clouds make it mess up, dark clouds really knock it out.
Watching Adam-12 on RTV East right now.. :)

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 121
The channels on 30W are non English based but there are times that they run English language movies and they broadcast them with the original sountrack and spanish subtitles. Not all are this way, and it is a hit and miss affair, but it adds another potential lineup to the free programming already available to our community.

Oh ok, interesting. I will give it a another try tomorrow. I'm all burned out for today.
One of my neighbors came outside when they saw me pointing a dish towards their house (trying to find that Spanish satellite) and looked funny at me.
I mean the dish was really pointing in the sky but it *looked* like I was pointing it right at them. You would have thought I was pointing a gun at them the way she acted.

I guess I'm officially the neighborhood crazy lady now. :rolleyes:

Oh ok, interesting. I will give it a another try tomorrow. I'm all burned out for today.
One of my neighbors came outside when they saw me pointing a dish towards their house (trying to find that Spanish satellite) and looked funny at me.
I mean the dish was really pointing in the sky but it *looked* like I was pointing it right at them. You would have thought I was pointing a gun at them the way she acted.

I guess I'm officially the neighborhood crazy lady now. :rolleyes:

LOLOLOL.... there is a thread somewhere on the board here about a similar run-in with a member's neighbor. As I recall she was very upset about the issue, threatened to call the police and everything. I dont recall reading any disposition of the event.
30W is VERY low in the sky. Looking at the dish, a non satellite savy person would think it is pointing at the ground, since the LNB arm actually is. I have a very solid signal on it, but I have a periodic 'freezing' issue with the Kuwait TV channels for some reason. (They are the other channels that occasionally play english movies w/original soundtrack.) There is a channel I stopped to watch called PressTV that I caught the end of a documentary. I came in where this guy was beating apart a land mine with a chisel and hand axe somewhere in IndoChina (Cambodia best I could tell) The guy got the lid open and said yup it's live (in english subs, the program was in the native language, whatever that was) He then began to disassemble it and untimately burried it, called the local town-chief (mayor?) to notify him of a comming explosion, not to be alarmed and set it off. I gathered he was the local minesweeper/disposal guy. One thing he said while beating the mine apart was that he used to do this for the govt, but they were to dangerous:eek: Makes you wonder what the hell they did to the mines!
The VS Extreme gives me 48-50 on the Kuwait TV channels (12172), the CS 6000 has a solid 88-90. The Cubavision mux on 11884 is comparable.
As if Sailor Moon wasnt strange enough, in Spanish it's definately too much....lol
Now that I've totally hijacked the thread to 30W maybe Tony will spin the his 6 footer over to 30W while he's outside playing and give us a signal report from The Land of 10000 Lakes.

Using Icebreg's tp numbers I found it with my 84e on a sg2100 with my cs5k. My meter jumps from 69 to 84. I am using sw 1.01. Both east and west come nice and clear.

Thanks Iceberg..........

For the past few hours at least, Leo-1 seems to have disappeared (and my RTV signal is a bit more stable). Hopefully, it is gone for good, but for those who have had trouble locking it in, now's the time to try again!

Why would they spend more money to switch to another transponder? I'm guessing that their real customers are not having any problems at all. It's not a problem for them. It's only a few hobbiests that are having problems. They're going to find the cheapest price for a transponder that will do the job for them.

When I was with SES transponders were charged related to S/R, switching if there was a problem should not cost.
Also you under estimate "hobbiest" or FTA viewers. Commercial backers want viewing numbers and don't care how and that includes FTA and the eye patch guys

For the past few hours at least, Leo-1 seems to have disappeared (and my RTV signal is a bit more stable). Hopefully, it is gone for good, but for those who have had trouble locking it in, now's the time to try again!

I noticed it was gone last night. (didn't check this morning) I read a signal in the 40's but there was a blank screen with scrambled or bad channel on it. RTN was 44-46 solid and stable.

Yep, it is gone. Not just lower power, it is completely gone.
Now what will we have to talk about here? :)
I guess now we'll never find out just what they used that transponder for.

The funny thing about it is we started ranting about it here on Sat guys and all of a sudden RTN comes up in signal then Leo 1 goes bye bye. I don't think it's coincidence. It's all possible that Luken had something to do with it all.

Now since it's gone there should be no more issues with RTN, so lets hear from those that were having problems on there locking the RTN signal now.

I noticed it was gone last night. (didn't check this morning) I read a signal in the 40's but there was a blank screen with scrambled or bad channel on it. RTN was 44-46 solid and stable.

I was getting the same thing here, so I manually entered in the PIDs from RTV onto the Leo-1 transponder, and up came the RTV channel. So RTV was doing to the Leo-1 (now that it is gone) as Leo-1 had been doing to RTV!

The funny thing about it is we started ranting about it here on Sat guys and all of a sudden RTN comes up in signal then Leo 1 goes bye bye. I don't think it's coincidence. It's all possible that Luken had something to do with it all.

Now since it's gone there should be no more issues with RTN, so lets hear from those that were having problems on there locking the RTN signal now.

I agree, the timing of a multipost thread on the subject and it's apparent resolution seems convienent. Perhaps those that are the decision makers for this process have been unware of the borderline performance. Regardless of why or who, hopefully it is a permanant solution, so it looks like we are going to have to find something new to 'cuss and discuss.
I've been telling people for years "We are being watched"........but noooo-body listens.......lol
Excuse me, I need to go look out the window again....they really need to fix that "whisper mode" on that black helicopter.........

Dee_Ann that 100% on the Birdog picture on your post #40 refers to the battery fully charged 100% !!!.

The best signal I can get on my motorized 90 cm dish for RTV is 63 on my CS 6000. It locks green but does not scan in anything. I even just tried using DiseqC 1.2 to fine move the dish and nothing. I am charging the birdog battery and will check it later with it.

The funny thing is the CS 8100HD in the living room does not even lock to the NBC feed on 11775 but the CS 6000 in the living room gets it at 90% and that one the cable run is 10m longer and on top of that, that run has 5 db losses (splices , staples went through and who knows what else, it should be 2.5 db for 10 m at those frecuencies).

Dee_Ann that 100% on the Birdog picture on your post #40 refers to the battery fully charged 100% !!!.

The best signal I can get on my motorized 90 cm dish for RTV is 63 on my CS 6000. It locks green but does not scan in anything. I even just tried using DiseqC 1.2 to fine move the dish and nothing. I am charging the birdog battery and will check it later with it.

The funny thing is the CS 8100HD in the living room does not even lock to the NBC feed on 11775 but the CS 6000 in the living room gets it at 90% and that one the cable run is 10m longer and on top of that, that run has 5 db losses (splices , staples went through and who knows what else, it should be 2.5 db for 10 m at those frecuencies).

Oh yes, of course it does. I wasn't trying to show the birdog, the point of the photo was to show the little cheapo squealie meter my neighbor gave me.
I was showing how I used the birdog meter to supply power to the little squealie meter and THAT is what I used to help me get back on the RTV satellite.

I'm sorry for the confusion. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.