amc 9 83 w classic tv here

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Leo 1 is gone completely now, no signal on the Pansat. I did a rescan and RTN locked at 11735. The Quality spikes as high as 59 averaging 46-50. Nice to see it solid and good numbers for a change.

It looks like it has moved! Picking it up on AMC-3 (87) 12169 H 4342. Scans in as Video 1 / LEO-1.

It can stay there! I have no dish pointed there so that's even better. :D I wonder if someone at RTN/Luken read our posts and complained about this to whoever? I would think that there affiliates even using large dishes may have had some problems too. It would be funny if we (Satellite Guys) figured out the problem for them.

Anyway I'm glad things are finally on the UP & UP for RTN/RTV. Maybe I will watch it more again since it's 100% stable. :D

Can't see TP 11735

I have a 1M PS Elliptical on a HH motor with a standard Linear LNB hooked to a Pantec 2700 clone for siting in. Then hooked to a Pansat 9200 inside the house for actual viewing. The only channel I can get to scan in is, AMC9/3F on TP 11775, so I am assuming that I have the correct sat. But, when I do a blind scan none of the TP's mentioned in this thread show up. I have tried entering manually every single TP, FEC, and Chanel info, but still no Retro channels. I am at Latitude: 41.3209° X Longitude: -92.4656°, Rose Hill, Iowa. Any and all help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanx :confused:

The one TP you have scanned is a very strong TP, Do you receive it strong?

You need to go back to basics. Is the pole plumb? Lat. on motor scale? Dish angles correct? LNBF 0 skew?

Try pulling a little on left side then right side of dish. Try pulling on top then bottom of dish.

11735H4444 is what you should have. It is not a very strong TP and right now here it is running 3%SQ lower then normal.

When Leo was being a menace I would still get TP 11735 on a blind scan, but now I can't see any signal from that TP. It has been raining here the last few days, but will mess with it some more the day after tomorrow, not supposed to be any rain. Keep the suggestions coming, will put them all to the test on friday. Thanx. :D

I was watching from about 9-11 CDT using a Primestar and didnt notice any signal issues. I've got good 87-89 Q since LEO was pulled and what ever else happened, and with a threshold of 63-65, strength variances are not so well noticed anymore.
There was a time when it took up to 4-5 seconds, sometimes longer to lock when the signal was weak.

I have been following this thread with interest as I have also been fighting to receive Classic TV at my home in Folsom, CA.

I am running a GEOSATpro DVR1100c and a GEOSATpro 90cm mounted on a GS120 motor. The dish is optimized for tracking from 58W - 148W. Until last weekend I had been using an Invacom QPH031 with a GEOSATpro DiSEqC 2x1. The Signal Quality is above threshold for the receiver and registers SQ 35% as compared to SQ 80% for 11775. On other satellites and transponders, a 35% quality will reliably lock with a 3/4 FEC, but Classic TV would not lock and would fluctuate between SQ 0% and 35%. Tried to shift the frequency in 1MHz steps and also shifted the Symbol Rate until SQ was lost. Determined the center point of each to be as published.

I first removed the 2x1 DiSEqC switch and direct connected to the linear output of the QPH031. Noted a slight increase in Signal Level, but no change n the SQ. I then removed the QPH031 and replaced with a generic sample LNBF and instantly signal lock with a stable SQ 35%. On Monday, I replaced the generic LNBF with an SL2 resulting with a stable SQ 39%. Success!!!!

Not so quick..... This morning the channels are once again microblocking and the SQ is reduced to 37%. :(

Maybe it is time to bring home an offset 1.8M.......

Brian,

Neither wescopc or I could get much of 83W 11735 H 4444 on a fixed Geosatpro 90cm.

My Father's Geosatpro 90cm on a GS120 can hold a lock after you manually peak each time, weather permitting. That motor has the best line of sight out of any where I've got dishes mounted.

For my Grandparents, I had to order a Geosatpro 120cm and put a Techsat Tracker II+
Even then, the meter on the DVR-1100c would register 55-68 with 63 Avg. Quality at best in our varying weather conditions.

If I had your resources Brian, I'd be a kid in a candy store.....lol
It's odd that some are still having so much touble. Whatever happened in conjunction with LEO disappearing has made an awesome increase in Q level at my station. I'm wondering if those having issues now were having the same signal quality readings before. Being stronger here should be visible everywhere unless the propagation pattern/footprint was altered somehow. I dunno, it dont make no sense.....lol

I purchased the infamous QPH031 and tried it on a 1.2 Primestar. It did not perform as well as the 20yr old OEM unit :confused: and I layed out a whole lot more clams for it. The flange mount unit with the proper horn may perform better, but it wont be me that shells out the dough to find out. The only other Ku LNB I'm interested in beyond these old tried and true Primestar battleaxes is a bandstacked unit like Sadoun teased us with. I offered my services as a Beta tester but havent heard anything about the item since. I could have a field day with a sack of them lil jewels. I bet I'm not the only one. :cool:
You ever see anything on such a critter in the wholesale manufacturing sector Brian?

What has happened to to RTV again? It's gone today! :river

I woke up and found the picture was stuck on a scene from that dumb Mchales navy show and info said the signal is 0%. I changed channels a few time and all the other satellites I get are working great.

I checked the sky and the weather is fine. There is no reason the few small puffy white clouds should be a problem.

Both the east and west signals are dead and gone. I told the pc to update and it looked and found nothing. It was working fine when I went to sleep last night and has been for a few weeks. The picture has been outstanding, the signal and quality always show 100% in the info screen.

But sometime this morning while Mchale was on it went dead. And like I said, everything else is working fine.

It can't be just me can it? :confused::confused:

I've got a Geosatpro 90cm dish and have it locked here in Minneapolis at a 67-68 quality on the Coolsat 5000 (threshold is 63-64)

issue is a few days ago it was a solid 70...now its jumping again :(

hist. & bio on 101 are gone now too. Is it just me?

Really, I'm thinking it's about time to throw all this BS away.
This is getting so old, so fast.

As soon as I find something to watch they kill it.

I grow very, very weary of this game. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)