amc 9 83 w classic tv here

Status
Please reply by conversation.
its you :p

working fine here in Minneapolis...strong signal

:rant::rant::rant: Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::rant::rant:

WTH is wrong? Why me? OMG..

I don't know what to do. I think I'll just pull the power cords out of the wall and go put an ice pack on my head for a few hours. :mad:

If I had your resources Brian, I'd be a kid in a candy store.....lol
It's odd that some are still having so much touble. Whatever happened in conjunction with LEO disappearing has made an awesome increase in Q level at my station. I'm wondering if those having issues now were having the same signal quality readings before. Being stronger here should be visible everywhere unless the propagation pattern/footprint was altered somehow. I dunno, it dont make no sense.....lol

I purchased the infamous QPH031 and tried it on a 1.2 Primestar. It did not perform as well as the 20yr old OEM unit :confused: and I layed out a whole lot more clams for it. The flange mount unit with the proper horn may perform better, but it wont be me that shells out the dough to find out. The only other Ku LNB I'm interested in beyond these old tried and true Primestar battleaxes is a bandstacked unit like Sadoun teased us with. I offered my services as a Beta tester but havent heard anything about the item since. I could have a field day with a sack of them lil jewels. I bet I'm not the only one. :cool:
You ever see anything on such a critter in the wholesale manufacturing sector Brian?

You are correct! The QPH031 scaler is not as efficient as the dedicated and optimized Primestar scaler. Years ago I had tested the QPH031 against a QPF031 with the stock Primestar scaler on the 1.2M. The performance was like day and night! The QPF031 with the stock scaler averaged 20% improvement. Don't recall the CN figures, but it was considerable.

Many varieties of band stacked linear KU LNBFs are available through the manufacturers as they are quite popular on other continents. I had never requested samples as this was not the type of LNBFs that we have needed to develop for Glorystar system distribution. Now that there is an increased interest, I might get a few samples with our next LNBF order.

After a couple months of basically giving up on it I have RTV East and West on my Fortec Dynamic-still at 25-29% but today I was able to watch Dragnet and the beginning of the Incredible Hulk..Picture depends on time of day..

RTV/RTN is down a little bit here on the 36" Primestar but still watchable. I've noticed several things on AMC4...History and Bio at the threshold point..they are usually booming in here. Also the gospel music channel wouldn't lock in at all. LLBN was booming as usual. It could be weather somewhere? TP issues on their end? Nothings changed on my set up. Blind

I've noticed several things on AMC4...History and Bio at the threshold point..they are usually booming in here.

I have notice quite a bit of fluctuation in quality with those channels lately. I don't know if it is an uplink issue or weather related. Weather will be fine here and there at threshold or gone.

RTV/RTN

I know this has been discussed before, but since I have been out of the loop for a little over a month I want to get caught up.

Is anyone getting RTN/RTV on a perminate basis? The reason I am asking is that last Sunday I had it on all day with a 53% signal. All week I have not been able to raise it until about 2:30am this morning, it was back with a stable signal a 51%. Before last Sunday I had been getting an intermittent signal in the low to mid 40s range. There all colors bars on this satellite that I get in the mid 70s, so I know I am zeroed in on AMC9. What I am beating around to is, are there any tricks to getting this channel in or am I wasting my time and should just chuck this one off as a lost cause due to a weak signal. :confused:

I'm getting the Ku signals good here in Northwest Ohio. They are coming about 69 or 70% quality on the coolsat 6000, but that is the best I have had on this sat. Getting both east and west and have watched Adam-12 the last couple evenings.

I know this has been discussed before, but since I have been out of the loop for a little over a month I want to get caught up.

Is anyone getting RTN/RTV on a perminate basis? The reason I am asking is that last Sunday I had it on all day with a 53% signal. All week I have not been able to raise it until about 2:30am this morning, it was back with a stable signal a 51%. Before last Sunday I had been getting an intermittent signal in the low to mid 40s range. There all colors bars on this satellite that I get in the mid 70s, so I know I am zeroed in on AMC9. What I am beating around to is, are there any tricks to getting this channel in or am I wasting my time and should just chuck this one off as a lost cause due to a weak signal. :confused:

I get both east and west with 100% signal and quality, according to the info button. :D

I did lose it a day or so ago when the wire between the house and the dishes went bad and I had to change it.

UPDATE ...... RTN returned to an acceptable above threshold level later in the day on the 27th, but they were still was too close to threshold. Brought the Telemann meter home and spent an hour on the roof today peaking the motorized GEOSATpro 90cm dish and SL2 LNBF. Brought the SQ up to a solid 50%+ with plenty of threshold above the DVR1100c 30% cliff point. Swapped out to 3 different Invacom OPH031 LNBFs and could not get a single one of them to stay locked. Tried several other test LNBFs and each of them locked with varied SQ. Going to bring home the Digiwave OPH clone unit next week and see how it performs.

Reinstalled the SL2 and decided to live without circular DBS. Will miss the occasional open Dish Network channel, but now have reliable RTN channel reception! RTN channels are now a solid lock in Northern California with a 90cm dish!!!!

but now have reliable RTN channel reception! RTN channels are now a solid lock in Northern California with a 90cm dish!!!!

My 90cm Primestar with the beer can NJR LNB/feedhorn on AMC-9. Has been solid as a rock since Leo 1 moved to 87. I spent a couple hours a week before Leo moved peaking every last bit of signal out of the 90 so it's dead on. I was really thinking about trashing the 90 and getting a 6 foot solid for RTN for a while. Gotta have my RTN/RTV :D

Thanks for all the post just got in amc 9 @83w and RTV came in on 11735 H 4440 east and west with 58-60 sig qual. I am using 33" dish with Invacom QPH031 with sg2100 motor.My location southwest az.And it was on a fine line as to adjustment one click east or west and you can go by signal. Take your time the signal did not come in for me right away.Wish more feed l ike this one would come back to KU, as I get the 10 footer up and running. That is taking longer than expected any how thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)