AMC 9 - worth a fixed dish? and equipment changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hesnodgrass

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Hey guys,

I have just gotten back into the wonderful world of FTA after a few years away. Have a 31" motorized dish with an Invocom Quad QPH-031 going through a Chieta 4x1 switch. Getting a new receiver, still not sure which one, and was curious if I should make any dish changes or additions to my existing setup. Also is it worth getting a fixed dish for AMC 9 for RTV and PBJ. If so what recommendations for a dish and LNB. I am in eastern PA with a good south clearance.

Thanks

I believe your mistaken AMC9 for AMC1 (NBC feeds). RTV and PBJ come in fine on a normal skewed dish. You'd need a skewed dish/2nd lnb mount for those NBCs thought for the moment.

Cheers, K

Kraven,

I don't believe that Hesnodgrass is erring in the sat he is referring to here (as in confusing it with 103W).
I am assuming that since he already has a motorized assembly if it would be worth setting up a dedicated fixed dish for just that one satellite (AMC 9) so that that satellite could be more quickly accessed via a switching matrix instead of waiting for the dish motor to move.... ????

Hesnodgrass, I guess you will have to explain precisely what you were eluding to on this one so that we really do understand you correctly.

RADAR

Kraven and Radar,

I am referring to 83W for RTV and PBJ. All others I would pickup with my motorized dish. I was thinking since I am on 83 a lot it may be worth adding that as a fixed dish through my switch. Just trying to figure out what type of dish I can get away with for 83. Currently my Q meter on my old Viewsat Ultra VS2000 is on about 36 to 40. I am thinking of upgrading my motorized to a 39" then use the 31" for 83 fixed.

Thanks

Kraven and Radar,

I am referring to 83W for RTV and PBJ. All others I would pickup with my motorized dish. I was thinking since I am on 83 a lot it may be worth adding that as a fixed dish through my switch. Just trying to figure out what type of dish I can get away with for 83. Currently my Q meter on my old Viewsat Ultra VS2000 is on about 36 to 40. I am thinking of upgrading my motorized to a 39" then use the 31" for 83 fixed.

Thanks
Sounds like a good idea. I would put one of those PLL KU LNBF from SatelliteAV on that 31" dish. I bet you increase the signal 20% + over the Invacom on the motorized setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)