AMC HD on...

But even if it wasn't available, it still should show up in the guide.

The channel guide for 129 is a bit confusing.
One line says its available on transponder 31 but right below that it says the same thing but not available.

That's because it is mapped down to 130 from two different higher channel numbers. Take a look at the 9400-9500 range on the HD channels on TheList, you'll see it available and mapped down to 130.

If you do not have the channel in your subscription you will not see it mapped down in your guide and in the red color (of the HD version). Scroll up to the 9400-9500 range and do all channels, you'll see it in Red on 9529.

Oddly enough its not showing at 9529 either.
I did a check switch and a reset and it still doesn't show up.

I'm not going to fret over it to much because as a HDABs customer I know we aint gonna get it. But the conversation did bring up a strange point.

You guys are saying that if something is not in my package it shouldn't be mapped down to the lower channels?

The reason I am asking is because on my lower stations things like BBCA sd is green and right above it it has BBCA HD in red. Same goes for the Fox channels and G4,MSNBC and a lot of other stations.
There are a few SD stations in green like ESPN2 and their HD equivalents are in the 9000 range in red.

Not sure why, but it may have to do with the software. I haven't done a software update for almost 18 months.

I am also not getting AMC HD or G4 HD showing up at all in my guide. I have 61.5/110/119 and the tech on the chat said that since I see 61.5 and "it is dedicated to HD" I should get the channel. I do see the SD channels though.

Am I out of line to assume they should do this for free? Since I wasn't told when I upgraded? Who do I contact to try to get it done for free, the last guy was convinced I should be getting the channel.

ETA: Just did a chat and got a tech who helped me right away and I have an install on Sunday. Still baffles me that their techs don't know where their channels are.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)