AMC-HD The Prisoner in Nov - Wake up Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

claw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
It was bad enough to have to watch Mad Men in SD on AMC; but AMC will be showing the new reinterpretation of the great TV series "The Prisoner" as a mini-series in November.

Please, can I have my AMC-HD?

AMC » The Prisoner

AMC isn't even a real movie channel. everythings edited up the wazoo and full of commercials every 5 minutes. if you want REAL movies how they're SUPPOSED to be enjoyed, get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax or Starz. if you don't, watch TNT or FX.

AMC isn't even a real movie channel. everythings edited up the wazoo and full of commercials every 5 minutes. if you want REAL movies how they're SUPPOSED to be enjoyed, get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax or Starz. if you don't, watch TNT or FX.

Thanks for that insightful post there TomCat. Remind me to consult you with any other issues that you can set your overly critical opinions loose on.

AMC isn't even a real movie channel. everythings edited up the wazoo and full of commercials every 5 minutes.

It is a real movie channel, but agree that commercials sucks big time. I stopped watching them couple of years ago because of this, when they started having comercials.

I wish DTV had TCM (turner classic movies) in HD.

Does anyone know if any cable or sattelite company carries TCM in HD?

call me a preservationist but i like seeing movies unedited, uncensored, commercial free and in their original aspect ratio.

TCM's wikipage doesnt say anything about TCM HD, nor does its official website. I'm guessing there's no such thing.

AMC-HD

Anybody think there is any chance of DirecTV adding AMC-HD before March, when Breaking Bad Season 2 begins?

I would like to see IFC HD too and there are those that would like to see We and any other Rainblow stations. What are the chances?

call me a preservationist but i like seeing movies unedited, uncensored, commercial free and in their original aspect ratio.

TCM's wikipage doesnt say anything about TCM HD, nor does its official website. I'm guessing there's no such thing.

TCM has never even mentioned going HD. I would love to have it.

I have all the channels you mention. In fact, with FIOS, I have all 26 HBO/MAX channels in HD, all available Showtimes/TMCs, and the Starz HD channels except for Starz HD west.

Having that said, I NEVER watch movies on commercial television and every time I see somebody watching a movie on commercial stations I cringe.

I am also very much interested in AMC HD, but not for the movies. I want Breaking Bad in HD. That is it. Season 2 is coming up and I want it in HD.

You are assuming way too much to think that anybody that wants AMC HD watches their movies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.