AMC1.Geraldmarks is a Scammer!!!&Liar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Watusi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
I bought a telemann 1650 from This Scammer he said it was lightly used, almost brand new, which was total "BS". I paid for the shipping, i even paid for a cod charge since i thought i was getting a good deal, the package arrived here, up on inspection i notice the user manual was not thee original, but staple photocopies print of the net, the didn't bother me the much, the transponders/ satellite list was outdated which was perfectly fine by me, i didn't care since i knew the the meter could be programmed with the latest sattellite list/transponders, having previous experince with other meters i knew how to programmed this one, further on i notice the power adapter was an aftermarket one and not thee original one, i look at the voltage it check out ok, i wasn't happy to say the least, when meter got here the battery was dead so i had recharge it, so i could later on programmed the latest transponders, after the battery was charge i tried to programmed the latest transponders, this was when it became extremely frustating, i tried more then couple times and meter was not responding, being a computer technician, i check over hardware and software to make sure it was not my end the was failing, i sent gerald a message stating the meter was malfuctioning, his reply was i don't know al try find out some info for you, which was total "BS" because he never did. I Informed him that i already, contacted the manufacture to trouble shoot the meter since i thought the this was odd the meter was not responding, after several attempts with the manufacture we both gave up, the manufacture determine the meter had either being temper with or was defective, they suggested i ship over to them, but instead i got hold off my buddy who is electronics tenchnician, and we tried to trouble shoot again and again ti'll we both gave up. i got so frustated i told gerald was returning the meter to him, since this was not what i had paid for, he said he wouldn't take back and offer not help whatsoever. i phone him more couple times, the first time he hung up on me pretending he couldn't hear me, so i made several attemps after that, i also lefted a message to which he never reply to, he must of known all along what he was selling me, F****K SCAMMER, i sent pm's to which he never answer, which lead me here to post this to let people know to not deal with this Frigging SCAMMER. after all the fails attemps, i decided to take up on myself to have the meter properly inspected by a technician, since gerald was ignoring me and even blame me that i had damage it myself, frigging moron, this are the pictures that where taken while it was being inspected, the meter had obvious being temper with, and who ever fixed it or try didn't know what hell they where doing, the eeprom had being taken off a one point and you could tell by all the paste the was left behind, you can also see the there's a little green wire that's bridge between the two resistors, anyone who knows about electronics knows that this isn't the right way to fix things. my suggestion to everyone is not ever buy or believe anything this moron tells you, take from me, he sold this piece crap which cannot be updated unless it fixed properly. take close look the photos.

DSC06173.jpg

DSC06174.jpg

DSC06176.jpg

DSC06177.jpg

DSC06178.jpg

DSC06179.jpg

DSC06180.jpg

Wow, looks like someone refurbished that by hand. A lot more parts than the main IC were replaced by hand it looks like. And not terribly well unfortunately. The green jumper could have been a factory PCB repair due to a bug they found after producing a number of boards.

I would ask for my money back and if he won't refund then ask for name of the person that did the refurbishing.

I didn't directly ask for my money back. I did mention that i wanted to return the unit because it was /temper with/defective if you will. I highly doubt the he will ever admit to knowing the unit was in this conditions.

Wow, looks like someone refurbished that by hand. A lot more parts than the main IC were replaced by hand it looks like. And not terribly well unfortunately. The green jumper could have been a factory PCB repair due to a bug they found after producing a number of boards.

I would ask for my money back and if he won't refund then ask for name of the person that did the refurbishing.

Last edited:
amc1 is his user name here at satelliteguys.us, and gerald marks is apparently his name although at the beginning he said his name was Gerry. I don't why but this is exactly what he said, and just over on saturday he sent me this tittle.

{WAS GOING TO SEND BACK.}

I WAS GOING TO GO TO THE POST OFFICE AFTER WORK BEACUSE I HAD A CHANGE OF HART AFTER WORK THIS EVENING(SATURDAY) . BUT I READ YOUR POST ALL I GOT TO SAY NOW IS "

F*** YOU!!!!!!!

Who is AMC1.Geraldmarks?

I could not find anything with a search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your purchase. I just bought a "used" Coolsat 7100 on EBay and I too am hoping that the box had not been tampered with. Hopefully it will arrive this week.

LOL I gave him no excuses whatsoever, no attitude either. I tried numerous times to try settle it like to grown men, before i decided to go about it this way, he had plently of time to decided but instead he decline by ignoring me, which would of made anybody furious, yes i will admit that out of frustration i did sent him some nasty messages, but the was because he wouldn't answer, his phone nor his messages. I say his behavior was unacceptable, what could being the start off good friendship turn bitter over a stupid meter. I went as far apologizing for the messages i had sent, and if he would off reply quick enough i would have deleted this thread, besides i don't think he was willing to make right from get goo, hesitated.

Yeah, you gave him an excuse... Bad attidute mutiplied to exposed publicity did made him more stubborn. :(

Last edited:
It's probably fine man don't worry about it, don't let this cloud your mind with negative thoughts, as far ebay goes rule of thumb is to always check the sellers feedback, but even then good communication between the buyer and seller is key. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about ebay, but remember buyer beware.

Sorry to hear about your purchase. I just bought a "used" Coolsat 7100 on EBay and I too am hoping that the box had not been tampered with. Hopefully it will arrive this week.

and that is why the thread is staying up. I know how ya feel Watusi. Myself and another member on the board got "less than acceptable results" from another member here and we did the same thing. PM's/emails etc with no results until we had to out them here on the board

Hope it all works out

Just my personal opinion, but all I see is attitude. You publicly called him an a$$ and now he has nothing to lose.

Cornering someone is not the way to encourage someone. Always offer a positive way out.

I just tell it like it is, i haven't added nor taken away from the story, a'l tell you something when i was typing this thread my first post. i felt bitter, angry and frustrated, which might explain the attitude, but tell me something lad you probably would off them the same, it was a moment of weakness, but now that's change i don't feel the way anymore, whether he decides to make right or not, makes no difference to me now the damage is done, this thread was not about bashing the guy but about informing people, to becarefull after all i wouldn't this to happen to you or anybody else here in the forums. Oops i almost forgot, read my replies above you'll see that i did offer a positive resolution concerning this matter, but i was ignored.

Just my personal opinion, but all I see is attitude. You publicly called him an a$$ and now he has nothing to lose.

Cornering someone is not the way to encourage someone. Always offer a positive way out.

but tell me something lad you probably would off them the same, it was a moment of weakness, but now that's change i don't feel the way anymore

I'm taking your advice of the situation at face value. Believe me, I can sympathize. However I wouldn't do it this way, not that I wouldn't want to. Things like this have just about always come back to bite me somewhere between immediately after hitting the send button or months later, no matter how good it felt at the moment doing it.

Just once I want the satisfaction of saying what I think when I'm angry, be right about it, win the battle and the war.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)