Amc4 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dogs1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
I have just got a bec 6600+ci reveiver and a 36" pansat dish . I have tried for two days to get amc4 with no luck...I have a standard lnbf that I got with the receiver, the bec 6600+ has no blind search, I cant any qualty on the receiver and I have tryed to every bird out there... the only thing I can get is satmax5 on one tp i have a great sig, and quality, but when I scan the tp nothing. I can also gat a sig on ehco4/6 and when I scan i do get some chanels that are scrambled( I cant see them nor do I want to, I am only wanting to get fta) I cant get t5 or anything... If i could just get amc4 I would be fine...
and another thing ,my bec came preprogramed and when I select amc4 it only has 10 tp's and what i want to see is on tp21 do i have to put this in myself?
:confused:

can i use an old directv receiver to locate the amc4?

WELCOME to the forum!

YES! AMC 4 is at 101w the same place as the main DirecTV bird/s (1R/2/4S)

But you would have to also have to use a DirecTV/DBS LNB, the KU band LNB will not work for DirecTV, a lot of people remove their KU LNB insert a DirecTV single LNB to find AMC 4, then just swap back to the KU LNBF and you are on AMC-4

You also have to change your L.O. setting if you use a DirecTV /DBS LNB with your FTA receiver.

KU L.O.= 10750
DBS L.O.= 11250

are all fta lnb's the same, or is one better than the other? is there one that will help me pull in weaker signals? I have seen them from $18.00 to $65.00

and thanks for the quick reply... I will try the dtv receiver and see how it works , and i just happen to have and old dtv lnb, thanks

Just like everything else the more you pay the better the LNBF you will get, as for quality its all about noise level, the lower the better, I use a .5 but until recently I used a .6 noise level my quality levels went up quite a bit.... LNBF don't go bad very often and you can get a decent low noise KU LNBF for around $20 as you seen.

CCTV-9 on G3C satellite was 46 went up to 71 Quality.

thanks for the info... now one more question... what tp do I need to be on when I am trying to locate amc4

I use The Peoples Network...

11807 Freq.
H Pol.
2713 S/R.

Tp 6 The People's Network DVB.

they are scrambled unless you have a receiver with a common interface slot, then you will need to buy a IRDETO cam and an access card for Inxworld to get the channels,

Thanks , PSB
I have found amc4, I used the directv lnb and a dtv receiver to point at 101 west. then I switched out the lnb and the receiver and BINGO, signal 100 and quality 93-98.
I am now watching tv!!! I think I am going to like the peoples chanel!! I owe it all to PSB without you I would still be moving the dish. I had spent 2 days looking for the bird . And with a little help I found it in 15 min, thanks again....
PSB, If you are ever in South Carolina and you need anything let me know.

PSB has been a great help to many, as has Iceberg and others. I too have a standing offer to PSB for his next visit to southwest Ohio. There's a great sports bar / classy restaurant I usually go to on Friday evenings, great employees & owners, excellent food.

Glad you found success with your FTA setup. :) And you're right, dogs1, no "T&A" on "FTA" except the closest would have to be Women's Extreme Wrestling (see other threads).

PSB said:
Just like everything else the more you pay the better the LNBF you will get, as for quality its all about noise level, the lower the better, I use a .5 but until recently I used a .6 noise level my quality levels went up quite a bit.... LNBF don't go bad very often and you can get a decent low noise KU LNBF for around $20 as you seen.

CCTV-9 on G3C satellite was 46 went up to 71 Quality.

Pete
must be that Satwork...the Pansat 1500 has has a stable 85-90 quality on CCTV-9 :)

Glad to help, if it was not me a few seconds later someone else would have helped, its a great forum and only going to get better! Its the members who make it!

or you can get a coship or bec reveiver with a ci slot that is embeded with Irdeto and contact inxworld and get an access card ($200) for 2 years then $100 for every year after that. Amc-4 tp 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts