Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Last night after messing around with a 18" dish I was able to receive

3ABN, 3ABN lat, 3ABN radio and 76radio on 11811 V 5700

I also was able to scan the following transponders.

11922 H 500
11857 H 3617
11959 H 4000

But did not get any programing on them.
I hope to mess around with this more soon.

Attachments

• dsswork.JPG
    dsswork.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 380
  • dsswork2.JPG
    dsswork2.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 441
Thats AMC4 at 101 degrees (same location as DirecTVs 101 bird)

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html

I ran into the same problem, where I found a bunch of transponders, but no video on any. Funny thing is, that AMC4 has a bunch of clear things listed, but I cant get any to actually work (other than 3ABN)

I just used an DTV LNBF as a guide and a table saw. I think the angle is around 23 degs or so. I hope to take more pics this weekend and I will measure the wood also.

Digital Rain said:
Yes How did U retrofit that LNB like that - do tell

I used the dish elv makings and satfinder to get the dish close and then used the receiver's signal meter to do the rest.

ultatryon said:
Thats AMC4 at 101 degrees (same location as DirecTVs 101 bird)

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html

I ran into the same problem, where I found a bunch of transponders, but no video on any. Funny thing is, that AMC4 has a bunch of clear things listed, but I cant get any to actually work (other than 3ABN)

You mean you found a USE for a DTV dish (other than some music channels and NASA)?? You better give us a how-to on this one... so I can recreate it ;)

Well done!

Stupid me, I just noticed the title of your thread.. you knew what you were pointing at ;)

Nontheless, I have no idea why no video programs show up on the other carriers, I would be interested in viewing the WVGN-LP on TP14 (11991 H 2000) but I do not have anything pointed at that bird at this present moment

Yep! You need a 30" for ALL channels on G10R but its always worth a try : )

Clarification: NASA and music are Dish Network 119 W. I am at 101W DTV/AMC-4

CharredPC said:
You mean you found a USE for a DTV dish (other than some music channels and NASA)?? You better give us a how-to on this one... so I can recreate it ;)

Well done!

I remember someone using an small dish on G10R BUT I did not search for it yet.

Cascade said:
Ken, have you tried getting The Tube with that 18" dish? If I had a spare LNB I'd give it a go.

ultatryon said:
Stupid me, I just noticed the title of your thread.. you knew what you were pointing at ;)

Nontheless, I have no idea why no video programs show up on the other carriers, I would be interested in viewing the WVGN-LP on TP14 (11991 H 2000) but I do not have anything pointed at that bird at this present moment

WVGN is very low power....I cannot get it with my 30"...havent tried the 39" yet

Iceberg said:
WVGN is very low power....I cannot get it with my 30"...havent tried the 39" yet
Is anybody sure WVGN is really still on AMC 4 Ku-Band?
I suspect it is gone totally C-Band, or moved, or something.
I haven't gotten any signal from it recently.

Its there, I have it on right now!

Very low quality level at around 50% here in MN.

PSB said:
Its there, I have it on right now!

Very low quality level at around 50% here in MN.

Is that on a 30" dish? or something bigger? and I assume your using an Invacom?

I am using a 36" dish and an ASC321s LNBF on it right now, and its a clear blue sky today : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts