AMC9 Info Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
The setup is a 90cm dish, a Pansat 2500A, and a Chaparral Monterey 100C. I have the 100C being fed with the IF out on the Pansat and switch polarity on the LNB with Pansat.

I have verified that I can receive both horizontal and vertical analog feeds on SBS6, so I will assume that I can also receive both on AMC9 (although I can't remember seeing a horizontal feed on AMC9).

My worry is that I cannot even get a snowed-under signal of the test card on TP19, yet I hooked it to a friend's C/Ku-Band setup where the signal strength isn't that much better on ther Ku side and got it fine.

Anyone running a similar-sized dish that can pick up that Info Channel?

Well everytime I pass the old setup here at work, I check it and it is on, but everytime I check it at home...NUTIN!

I think I have something entered in the setup of AMC9 wrong on the C100. I think you have to setup a C-Band bird, then add a Ku-Band off of that (like I did on SBS6). I'll try that method tonight and see what comes up.

my setup is fine....I have 2 satellites set up in the system

SBS6-for SBS6 (DUH!)
Galaxy 7 (for everything else)

I slave it from the Pansat....maybe its the universal LNB??

Hey Ice remember me? The one who couldn't get the Invacom Universal to pick up analog xmissions?.......Still can't with my ORB 7500, but have (and still am) been receiving TP19 for AMC9 with a standard LNB & the ORB 7500. That's the xponder I always go to because it's the only analog test xponder I can seem to find from here in Texas.The feed-through of the Coolsat never would work for me...still doesn't....for analog! Works fine for digital.I chalked it up to the ORB7500 personality.

Is there an anolog test Xponder on SBS6? I do have trouble with that bird, but I may have a "tree" problem. Also do you get ONN off of SBS6 digital?

PD

Oh yeah, I'm using a 36" bent (warped) Azure Shine...Hope to straighten it soon.
PD

pdnettles said:
Hey Ice remember me? The one who couldn't get the Invacom Universal to pick up analog xmissions?.
The TX lottery guy right :)
......Still can't with my ORB 7500, but have (and still am) been receiving TP19 for AMC9 with a standard LNB & the ORB 7500. That's the xponder I always go to because it's the only analog test xponder I can seem to find from here in Texas.
damn...I might have to see what happens if I put the standard back on
The feed-through of the Coolsat never would work for me...still doesn't....for analog! Works fine for digital.I chalked it up to the ORB7500 personality.
My Toshiba is doing the same thing....so it might be the setup
Is there an anolog test Xponder on SBS6? I do have trouble with that bird, but I may have a "tree" problem. Also do you get ONN off of SBS6 digital?
not really....there's some days where its booming and some days where there is nothing

Yep, that's me..actually the wife wanted the lottery feeds and got me into this stuff:) Sure have learned a lot tho!

Your problem could be the universal. Try a standard LNB. Really chaps me that I can't get the "high dollar" Invacom to work for analog, but so far no luck. The ORB just doesn't give me a choice of LO Freqs for the LNB....Only "LNBF".

Hope to pick up another Analog Rcvr to maybe utilize the Invacom.

Thanks for the Info on SBS 6. I adjusted my dish last night (I think the last storm that blew through moved it a little), deleted all the transponders for it, performed a new blind scan (with the coolsat) and picked up ONN again:D
Later,

PD

Well I believe the problem is LNB related. My current LNB is a universal dual that has to be set to 10600. The Chaparral is looking for 10750, so if I could offset the C100's frequency enough (150 higher) to 12230, there would be the AMC Info Channel (12080).

I have a single LNB at work that has to be set to 10750 and I'll stick that on later today and see if this is the fix.

Because of the frequency difference...I'll have to monkey around with it

Yep that was it.

I am able to "global offset" the Chaparral C100 receiver by +100MHz, then I have to adjust each channel up 50 Mhz more to be in spec.

To fix yours, you will need to do this:
10750 -> 10600 (LO of LNB)
-------------------
11720 -> 11870 CH1
11740 -> 11890 CH2
12080 -> 12230 CH19
etc.

I top out at 12200 though so I miss two channels on the AMC-style birds and one on SBS6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts