America One Television

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
I'm wanting an idea of how many watches America One and what do you think about it? The reason I ask, is I'm dropping iTV (formally PAX) at the end of the month and replacing it with America One. any insight would be appreciated. thanks

The new Gamezandflix on Ia5 is an America One affiliate, if you are interested.

On the upside, AO runs some lesser-known sports leagues, albeit tape delayed. I've seen LaCrosse and AHL hockey on there. Last season, they also had live CFL games during the late summer and fall. They also seem to have far, far less infomericals than even PAX did. It seems to be a 24-hour network, not just a few hours a day.

Also, like PAX, they seem to go for the "family" side of things. I doubt they have anything rated TV-14 or above.

On the other side, they don't really have any original programming. Most of it is B or C-list syndication and public domain/B-movies. A few classics show up, and even a few classic TV shows are on the schedule (Groucho, Jack Benny).

So, with iTV/PAX basically over, I'd go with America One.

I have not seen America 1 in years but when I saw it I always liked it, I loved seeing the real classics they had (much of it was public domain for sure) and also they had a lot of Wrestling.

It was unlike any channel I have ever seen before, I would love to see it again myself.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:

what are the tp. and settings for that, I may need to run my dish up there and check it out.

GNF on intelsat 5 is rebroadcasting AO . and for one love it. Western movies, Global football, and a few old time tv shows for free what's not to like

DiscoLoveGrapes said:

On the upside, AO runs some lesser-known sports leagues, albeit tape delayed. I've seen LaCrosse and AHL hockey on there. Last season, they also had live CFL games during the late summer and fall. They also seem to have far, far less infomericals than even PAX did. It seems to be a 24-hour network, not just a few hours a day.

Also, like PAX, they seem to go for the "family" side of things. I doubt they have anything rated TV-14 or above.

On the other side, they don't really have any original programming. Most of it is B or C-list syndication and public domain/B-movies. A few classics show up, and even a few classic TV shows are on the schedule (Groucho, Jack Benny).

So, with iTV/PAX basically over, I'd go with America One.

Thank you for giving me the heads up on Gamezandflix on IA 5, I got out over the weekend and set a 2nd dish and now I have G10R and IA 5 going into my Coolsat. I am enjoying GNF and the rest of what I found on there.

As for going with America One on the cable system, that has gone well for the most part so far. I have had some people watching it almost all day. I have had NO compliants about dropping iTV and I'm not looking back neither. thanks for some input.

since this posting, GnF has changed, America One encrypted, leaving one affiliate from what I have found on c band in the clear. With the CFL coming up, it would be something worth checking out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts