america plus 100 w/out locals

gtjr92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
On dish website they list americas top 100 plus without locals
for 34.99 DISH Network | DISH Builder
when going to order this there is an option to add locals for $5.
When I signed up for dish the other day I was told my bill would be $40 for the first 6 months with HDDVR then $60 after the promo was over.
Now I have my first bill and I am being charged $39.99.
Everyone i talk to there says oh no you have to get locals with am 100 plus. even though before i agreed to this i was told i did not have to have locals.
Does anyone out there have americas 100 plus WITHOUT locals??? how did you get them to change your account so locals is not there?
They tell me no one there can do it.
Which i replied I am a DBA Give me access to your database and I will fix it for you. :)
Anyway answers???
I also thought I saw an email floating around for the Dish CEO is that legit??
Thanks

ceo@echostar.com, Yes, it's legit.

Don't know if the CEO actually gets those emails but the address usually gives more success than any other method.

I had a similar situation...for the first bill they added DHPP even though I specifically stated I did not want it at the time of order.

AT-100 Plus

I thought the "Plus" was like $5 more and meant you got a "Sports Channel and your Locals" when locals were available.

So basically you were getting a sports channel for $5 and the locals were free; which was a better deal than getting the AT-100 with locals. And I think this was when it was called the AT-60 & AT-60 Plus. But I haven't had a drug screening lately.:D

no locals cost an additional $5 on top of the sports channels.
$34.99 for plus with no locals 39.99 with locals.

I just took a quick look at the web site....
- AT-100 = $30
- AT-100 Plus (with Locals) = $40

The Plus gives you 1 or more RSN for your area and locals when available for $10. There may have been, but I don't remember there previously being an option to get the Plus with RSN but without Locals; and it use to be around $5 extra. Then, since then there has been a change in packages and price increase. I bet those without local channels also pay the $40.

My personal opinion is Dish does not take pride in providing updated websites which are often wrong. I think the 3rd line on the CSR's cheat sheet is "That web page is outdated and is being updated." :D

I never liked Dish Builder, the options just did not work out.:)

yeah but the dish builder and the CSR originally told me $34.99 so yeah i see what you mean, but that is not the only option when you sign up.
does anyone actually have 100 plus without locals??

here is a screen shot of what i am talking about
dishhd1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts