America: Who we are

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Watching it now.

I like it when the History Channel has shows about history.

A very excellent point, Vestal! I must definitely agree with you! Sometimes it is hard to tell if you are watching the History Channel or the Best of Jerry Springer! LOL

Yeah, I know that is a sad analogy, but you see it, too.

RADAR

Radar , Did they mention the sinking of the USS Maine in Havana in late 19th century where 1/3 of the US sailors died?. Causes are still unknown with Spain and Cuba blaming the US for it with the purpose of having an excuse to enter into war vs Spain and therefore get control of Cuba and the US blaming Spain for the explosion and therefore creating the proper sentiment within the US population to justify entering the war.

Coincidently the US goverment had been offering the cubans support to help fight Spain and get the independence but Cubans lidered by Jose Marti and Antonio Maceo among others had always opposed the US intervention in the Cuban-Spanish war therefore US needed an excuse to enter war with Spain and blowing USS Maine in Havana was the perfect one. Coincidently too after the explosion the USS goverment declared war against Spain and finally managed to get involved in the conflict and to stay true to history , the cubans finally managed to win the war gainst Spain thanks to the US intervention. (There was a first attempt for 10 year in 1968 , then a small 1 year one "La guerra Chica" in 1979 and then the last third one started in 1895 and ended 3 years later with the US-Spain war)

I know this is a political commentary out of context and also falls into a lot of speculation kind of conspiracy theory but it is in my castro's brainwashed opinion, lol, too much of a coincidence. some conspiracy theorist might also say that coincidentaly 2 centuries later , on september 11 in new york , something of similar nature might have happened. with all due respect for the families of the victims and rescue personnel who died as a result of such terrorist attack I am just stating these rares coincidences. Like I said actual facts are still unknown to support such statements. Lets trust our goverments will always tell us the truth but then if that is the case , then Why do we need to carry guns to defend ourselfs?, Isnt it a contradiction itself?.

For more info on USS Maine explosion in havana , see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Maine_(ACR-1)

Thanks Vesta for the heads up, will more likely watch it tonight. Man I need a USB HDD!!. too many shows to record daily!.

In the United States, we call ourselves Americans. Also how we use the term, we are THE Americans, as in when soldiers liberated Europe in the second world war, "allies including the Americans came."

Many years ago, when I went to México once a month to work at a Maquila plant in TJ, los ingenieros who worked there every day called themselves Americans because they live in Central America.

In the United States, we call ourselves Americans. Also how we use the term, we are THE Americans, as in when soldiers liberated Europe in the second world war, "allies including the Americans came."

Many years ago, when I went to México once a month to work at a Maquila plant in TJ, los ingenieros who worked there every day called themselves Americans because they live in Central America.
Harry,
When I was working up in Canada, I had Canadians tell me that they are Americans also they live in North America with the people of the United States and Mexico. That’s when they told me to fork over 100 Canadian dollars for a Canadian work permit. The young lady from Canadian immigration was pi**ed at Clinton’s NAFTA bill.
mikelib

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)