American Idol - Who is your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE Kellie Pickler. Also Melisaa McGhee and Lisa Tucker. Then I'd say Ayla Brown, She did a WONDERFUL rendition of Refelection. It gave me chills. I also like Catherine a lot.

As for Kellie, I found 4 voice cracks and it was a bit pitchy, but she is the type of girl that shows her nerves easily and I think it will get better with time. The moment I saw her I knew that she was my girl for this competition. I'm just being patient and giving her time. IMO Ayla was tha best Wednesday, then Melissa, then Lisa. Melissa's voice is so so Sexy. I love it.

As for the Guys. ACE ACE ACE. But my favorite is Chris. Something about his voice. The panel is right he has a great recording voice. Dead or Alive wasw GREAT. Ace had a great choice of song as well. I also love Taylor Hicks. He is so original and he gave me chills also. Patrick was also good as well as the guy that Simon siad had the best voice of any male AI contestant ever. My picks, but they will probably change with time. I need to here them sing more.

But MELISSA has such a SEXY voice. OMG. CHILLs CHILLS CHILLS. And what a perfect chouce of song "When the lights go down". lol.. She made it her own!

Last edited:
The Tate said:
I think Kellie Pickler was horrible. I think the only way she will win is if she plays the sympathy card.

Your opinion, or course, but I thoroughly disagree. Did you see the Greensboro Auditions. She basically the best. Her nerves kills her. they show very well, and her song choice wasn't the best. Wait till she picks the right song, but I agree her performance was about 7th best Tuesday.

BFG said:
There's girls that sing good and girls that look good, but there's none that sing and look good.

Really. Christina Aguiliera has one of the best voices on the planet. She used to look good. and then Carrie Underwood has a phenomenol voice as does Kelly Clarkson, 2 idol winners. there's also Gwen Stefani, Faith Hill, Lee Ann Rimes, and Jessica Simpson(thats a close one tho):D

dude I'm talking about on this season show.

I liked kellie pickler, but last night she was awful

Yep, the Whole Package!

Man, that Ace Young has it all! Across the board, from my 14 year old Grandaughter, to her Mom who is my 32 year old daughter, to me......a 55 year old woman.......Ace took our hearts! It was so funny....the minute he was through singing we were on the phone with each other!! I KNOW he is way too young for me, but the guy just melted me away!!! Ok, so my husband liked him too. He must have something special by appealing to the three of us!

It was a hard choice until Ace, a lot of the guys are really good, and better than the women this year.

I think Kelly Pickler is an all around great! (Even though she sucked last night)
My other 3 fav girls are Paris and Lisa and Katharine (I think she underestimated)
Lisa is going to be Hard to beat.

For the Guys....I like Taylor, he's got some soul, groove, and talent I am defiently supporting his camp.

But DAMN did Jose "Sway" TEAR IT UP tonight with "Reasons"
I don't think Earth Wind and Fire could have done much better. He was incredible!

I also like buckey (but he needs to not talk much).
I'm sure elliot and ace will go far too

Yesterday I really only liked two of the women. The 16 YO (I am terrible with names) #5 did what I thought was the best job in making the song her own, and more importantly, STAYING IN KEY!

Today, though, it was a TOUGH CHOICE! Of the 12, 4 impressed the hell out of me. Sway was quite good. What a vocal range! But the "Father Figure" singer, the guy who preceded Sway (Bobby brady LOL!) and the gray ghost at the end were all great! The geeky kid did well too, but I didn't like the song choice so BZZZZ!

I still don't have a favorite, but I do know that when I hear some one sing off key so bad that it make me cringe in pain, I want them off the damned stage!

See ya
Tony <--newly hooked on this show... Never thought I would enjoy this.

I've been a fan of Idol since Pop Idol in the UK....I'm a big fan of the 3 who made it big off that show..Will Young, Gareth Gates and Darius...many in the US thought the show was new and I was already aware of Simon since he was the producer for Westlife and Five (5ive)

The In's and Out's of American Idol - My opinion on the final 24 (Now 20 left)

Bucky - YES
X - Patrick - NO
Chris - YES (FAVORITE)
X - Bobby - NO
David - NO (WORST)
Elliott - YES
Taylor - NO
Jose - NO
Will - NO
Kevin - NO
Gedeon - YES
Ace - YES (2nd Favorite)

Mandisa - YES
X - Becky - NO
Kellie - YES (2nd Favorite)
Melissa - NO (WORST)
Paris - YES
Brenna - YES
Ayla - YES
Kinnik - YES
Lisa - YES
X - Stevie - NO
Heather - NO
Katharine - YES (FAVORITE)

X Voted Off

we concur

Chris - YES (FAVORITE)
Ace - YES (2nd Favorite)

Kellie - YES (2nd Favorite)
Katharine - YES (FAVORITE)

This may change as we hear them audition again. It will be a little easier to judge with fewer people but I know that some are superior to others. It will be tough to judge at this point with so many good people. Will be easier to number in order your favorite to least favorite at that point.

Mandisa - YES - Has great voice

Kellie Pickler - YES - Has great voice - Sung song very well (My second favorite is doing better than my first favorite in this round - May have to change to favorite)

Melissa McGhee - YES - Has a unique voice - GREAT performance - Great song selection - Changed my mind after hearing her voice again

Paris Bennett - YES - Has great voice - She sung the song very well

Brenna Gethers - MAYBE - Has good voice - Needs better song selection though - Makes it to next round

Ayla Brown - YES - Has great voice

XXX - Kinnik Sky - NO - Not crazy about her voice

Lisa Tucker - YES - Needs better song selection to show her voice more

??? - Heather Cox - MAYBE - Needs better song selection but has an ok voice - Not looking good for her - Will not make it all the way

Katharine McPhee - YES - Great Voice - Needs better song selection which shows her voice more

XXX - Has a good chance to be voted off
??? - Might get voted off

THE GUYS

??? Bucky Covington - MAYBE - Not that impressed with this performance

Chris Daughtry - YES - Great Voice - Great Performance - Most definitely going to next round - No doubt about it - The best of the night!

??? David Radford - MAYBE - He sang it well - Dull performance

Elliott Yamin - YES - Good Performance - Will go to next round

Taylor Hicks - YES - Good Performance - Will go to next round

XXX - Jose Sway Penala - NO - My Decision Stands - Bad Performance - This is the end of the road for this guy for sure!

??? Will Makar - MAYBE - He sang it good- Poor song choice

Kevin Covais - YES - Good Performance - Likability factor great

Gedeon McKinney - YES - Good Performance

??? Ace Young - MAYBE - BAD Performance - AWEFUL song choice - His good past performances may actually save him to go to next round

The Channel Up/Down button is my personal favorite when I see American Idol come on the TV.

Unfortunately, It's not my wife's. <sigh>

Now, if only there was a skip forward button at the damn concert she makes me go to with her every year.

The two best women: Mandisa & Katherine; The two best guys: Taylor & Chris. Those four have the growth potential to get better with each week and their images can also grow with their talent if honed by the right people. Elliot has a good voice, but the image just isn't there. Ace has the image, but the voice isn't quite there. Paris has the voice, but the image is lacking. Ayla has a good voice but I don't think you'll see her progress. Kellie is a dark horse based on her image, the voice is a bit weak, but it has a nice honest country quality to it. Lisa has a nice voice and image, though both are a bit weak. The rest of the contestants are officially goners.

gbjbany said:
Thank goodness Sway is out of it, i surf whilst the wife watches (quality time together :devil: ) and i kept mistyping every time sway hit a duff note, really put me of my game, well more than usual anyway :D
ANd Brenna too. SHe can go back to her street corner in NY now.

Status
Not open for further replies.