American Idol - Who is your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
those other 2 will be gone in the next couple weeks.

Kevin was really a nessary elim tonight, he's been around way to long.

Only a couple more to weed out until the show might actually be talented, but of course they'll have to thrown in all that lame stuff

BFG said:
I think it should be Chris & Taylor as guys and Kellie & Katherine as girls battling it off in the last 4 weeks

I agree with this as well. These four will be the final four. Performances and song choice will mean a LOT beyond this point!

I wish I could vote for people to get kicked off. I can't wait untill pickler is gone. She is so fake and annoying. It shouldn't take long for America to get sick of her.

You're giving the American viewing public too much credit. Look at some of the stupid TV shows that have been on for years.....

Spatch said:
I wish I could vote for people to get kicked off. I can't wait untill pickler is gone. She is so fake and annoying. It shouldn't take long for America to get sick of her.

American Idol is not about the one you hate the most, its about the one you like the best, that's why they dont have people vote people off, but to vote to keep them on.

Spatch said:

I always joke to my family everytime she's on that she's so fake.... I always say "She's been married 3 times, she's got 5 kids, and works at the local strip joint". She said she hasn't had a love life before... "BS!" If she was ugly I'd believe it.

Stargazer said:
American Idol is not about the one you hate the most, its about the one you like the best, that's why they dont have people vote people off, but to vote to keep them on.

That's not how I vote. I vote to get people kicked off. example... I will vote at the final few even if I don't like any of them just to get 1 I like less off.

X Bucky Covington - BYE BYE - Not bad performance tonight but I just dont think he is good enough to be an American Idol
(3) Chris Daughtry - GREAT VOICE, Very Promising To Go To The End - Not Good Song Choice For Me This Time
X Elliott Yamin - BYEBYE - LAME - Why Are You Still On The Show? Why are you so lame with this song?
X Taylor Hicks - BYEBYE - Does Not Look Like An American Idol - He has a likability factor but its just not good enough
X Ace Young - BYE BYE - Off Key - What was he thinking singing this song and the way that he did - OUCH - OOPS!!! THIS ONE SUCKED!!!
(1.5) Paris Bennett - She knows how to carry her voice - GREAT VOICE - Nice beat song - She Has Some Pretty Good Potential
X Lisa Tucker - BYE BYE - Off Key - Not Going To Make It For Sure GUARANTEED!!!!! Song Choice Not Good
(1) Katharine McPhee - Beginning of song bumpy - Not her best performance - GREAT VOICE - Could Make It To The End - Has appearance of an American Idol
(2) Kellie Pickler - She Sings Well, Got Appearance Of An American Idol, This song sounded like a little kid singing it though

NOTE: Paula Abdul is EXTREMELY soft, she is getting softer and softer and not telling the truth!
NOTE: Not as thrilled with these performances tonight
X - I PREDICT WILL NOT MAKE IT
/ - Not Sure So You Get Half the X
(1) - Favorites in OrderTonight

Again just more Pickler hating. Take a look at the image and tell me if this looks like a person who does not know what ballsy is?

Attachments

• pickler.jpg
    pickler.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 129

( 1 ) Chris Daughtry - Was VERY pleased with his performance tonight
( 4 ) X - Elliott Yamin - He had a good voice but was not as extraordinary as the others tonight
( 3 ) / - Taylor Hicks - He done pretty good
( 4 ) X - Ace Young - Had good voice, not good song choice

( 2 ) X - Paris Bennett - Very good voice and performance
( 2 ) Katharine McPhee - Great voice and performance
( 4 ) / - Kellie Pickler - Great voice but not best choice of song. Some notes seemed off. This could cost her the contest right here. It does not help to admit that you butchered the song. You cannot afford to make mistakes at this point of the competition.

-------------------------------------------

X - I PREDICT WILL NOT MAKE IT
/ - Not Sure So You Get Half the X
( 1 ) - Favorites in Order

Typing this as I watch the show on DVR. This is the kind of music I live for. I love standards. I don't like Rod Stewart doing standards :) but I have a huge collection of standards. When Sirius got rid of "standard Time" I had a small wake for the death of this channel.

Chris >> Excellent ("What a Woderful World" Louis Armstorng)

Paris >> Excellent ("These Foolish Things" sung by everyone but written by Holt Marvell, Jack Strachey and Harry Link)

Taylor >> Very Good - nothing superspecial, but pleasant. "You send me" by Sam Cooke was not the best choice here. He rocked it out at the end. Judges loved that, but I saw it as a slaughter of the song.

Elliot >> Very Good ("It had to be you" made famous by Frank Sinatra but written in 1924 by Gus Kahn)- Great vocals, but nothing to make it stand out. (Simon was right, no personality through the song)

Kelly (I WANT HER GONE DUE TO HER IDIOT BUBBLEHEAD PERSONA) >> Sand one of my favorite songs (Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" by Rogers & Hart) and hit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 notes that made me cringe. She also was way ahead of the the music at points. TERRIBLE. (a la simon, "It was gastly".

Ace >> ("That's All" made famous by Bobby Darin. I think it's by Fat's Waller from the early 30's or late 20's) One sour note towards the begining. Otherwise very good.

Katherine >> Singing yet another one of my all-time favorite songs ("Some one to Watch Over Me" by Gershwin 1926)--1 sour note on the low"watch over me" at the beginning. The song shows her limitations on the low end of her voice but handled okay with the exception of the first "over me" flat note".

Amazing how well 70 and 80 year-old songs still sound fabulous! The newest song of the bunch was from Sam Cooke in 1957. So songs from 49-82 years old

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
Thanks for the recap on tonights show. Working nights I have to see it on the weekends with my dvr. Boy you weren't kidding when you said you loved the standards. So out side of the bubble head remark who do you things gone to night?

Based on performance, Kelly should be gone, no question. But I have learned that performance is only a little bit of the equation.

My pick for bottom 3 tomorrow

Kelly (and not just because I want her gone)
Elliott
Ace (due to song choice)

I am rooting for Paris now. She has been consistant and flying below the radar for nearly the entire series.

See ya
Tony

The bottom three tonight was CHRIS, ACE, PARIS. I picked CHRIS and PARIS as the top two last night but American voted them as the bottom three? I am usually right on who is going to go home but man what a shocker tonight is to me. I never would have thought that Chris would have been on the bottom but I never thought Katharine would be either. I can see a lot of people voting for Chris next week to prevent that from happening again. I think Chris would be a very good contender to win. If anybody should have gone it should have been Kellie Pickler but she did not even make bottom three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)